not just a rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
weststand-rich

Re: not just a rumour

Post by weststand-rich »

From my club contact, Briscoe isn't a done deal. I was told that while Shaun would happily return to Wigan, Wigan hadn't made any contact with him!
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

I would like to see scott Grix of Widnes if we do sign a FB for next season.
Provided Widnes don't get into SL that is...Widnes won't let him go if they do.
WIGAN TILL I DIE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

weststand-rich posted:
From my club contact, Briscoe isn't a done deal. I was told that while Shaun would happily return to Wigan, Wigan hadn't made any contact with him!
Good.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

hodgeson is not a full back, i know plent y of salford fans who see him every week nad they say hes no a full back but a winger as he was here, fitzpatrick is their full back when fit. who is a good player when fit aswell
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

no thank you.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I always thought Hodgson was hard done to by the Wigan fans. He suffered a bad injury in a pre-season friendly in what I was expecting to be his "kick on season" after a promising start at the club.

I think people forget how serious an injury it was and it was in the season after that while he was still effectively recovering he got the "Dodgy Hodgy" moniker.

He kicks goals well and I think he would make a useful addition to the squad as backup for Richards (goal kicking) and in the absence of us recruiting a genuine full back it would allow Richards to return to the wing where he is more effective IMO.

He is not as bad as some make out.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Leg injuries do not qual dropped ball IMO. He is still dodgy hodgy to me. He'll look good in a lesser team, and the day he looks good for wigan is the day we give up on winning anything (like Warrington).

dodgy hodgy, dodgy hodgy, dodgy hodgy ...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Mike posted:
Leg injuries do not qual dropped ball IMO. He is still dodgy hodgy to me. He'll look good in a lesser team, and the day he looks good for wigan is the day we give up on winning anything (like Warrington).

True but we need a decent winger. I think we should sign Brian Habana from Super 14 Rah Rah
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Mike posted:

I like hodgy, he has genuine pace and is a very dangerous open field runner, not many can do a length of the field kick return against stains. I would like to see him back at wigan, he is better than ashton!

on a side note i am suprised that luke hasnt ended up at stains, there were very strong rumours early season, and huddersfield are putting a usefull looking side together[/quote]
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If you read the stats for line breaks and broken tackles, Hodgson has done far better than any Wigan player in the last 2 years. It is in precisely these areas that we struggle.
I would have him back as a winger (he cannot catch or tackle well enough to be a reliable number 1).
I rate Fitzpatrick and would be pleased to see him (a Wiganer) at 1. Please not Pat, he was doing fine on the wing and his kicking has been better than we had any reason to expect - he deserves to play there again next year...