not just a rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
chrisJJ

Re: not just a rumour

Post by chrisJJ »

why should we buy players off a team who are bottom of the league with just 13 points? all the players have been at fault and that's why they're 3 points a drift with just 3 SL games to go! korkidas could be good though :wink: :lol:
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Easy Now !

Post by Easy Now ! »

Well i hate to say i told you so, i just can't hold my tongue when told do so, a bad schooling perhaps to blame. Well not just another rumour !! all will come out once the playoffs ended. tommie lu lu is off to le cats, wigan have signed dobson, and unfortunatly saints have pounced again, they have signed hanson. You have to trust me !
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

HMM so that would be Harrison Hansen, who is contracted till 2010 having just signed a 4 year extension as part of last years salary cap stuff?

should be a nice little earner, personnally think its rubbish, however time will tell
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Easy Now ! posted:
Well i hate to say i told you so, i just can't hold my tongue when told do so, a bad schooling perhaps to blame. Well not just another rumour !! all will come out once the playoffs ended. tommie lu lu is off to le cats, wigan have signed dobson, and unfortunatly saints have pounced again, they have signed hanson. You have to trust me !

:lol:

Why do we have to trust you? What you posted before was hardly secret knowledge (nor was it of massive concern to anyone, so all this 'I told you so' stuff is pointless crowing).

However, your latest theories do contain a modicum of possibility. Our alleged new owner wasn't too impressed with TL when he was at Harlequins and Dobbo is, of course, a firm favourite with the Wigan fans. As for Hansen to Saints - the lad looks unlikely to secure a first team shirt at Wigan next season, even though Fletcher is leaving, so that may happen too. Who knows?

But don't crow. It does you no favours.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Cruncher posted:
Why do we have to trust you? What you posted before was hardly secret knowledge (nor was it of massive concern to anyone, so all this 'I told you so' stuff is pointless crowing).

However, your latest theories do contain a modicum of possibility. Our alleged new owner wasn't too impressed with TL when he was at Harlequins and Dobbo is, of course, a firm favourite with the Wigan fans. As for Hansen to Saints - the lad looks unlikely to secure a first team shirt at Wigan next season, even though Fletcher is leaving, so that may happen too. Who knows?

IMO we will get more than a healthy transfer fee for Hansen IF true. As stated he IS contracted long term and it is the Stains too! £300,000 anyone? :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

butt monkey posted:
Cruncher posted:

IMO we will get more than a healthy transfer fee for Hansen IF true. As stated he IS contracted long term and it is the Stains too! £300,000 anyone? :lol:
Never mind hansen, Dobbo and barrett would be bleeding marvellous!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Easy Now ! posted:
all will come out once the playoffs ended. tommie lu lu is off to le cats, wigan have signed dobson, and unfortunatly saints have pounced again, they have signed hanson. You have to trust me !
My club affiliate hinted that there may be changes at scrum half but I got the impression LL may be moving to fight out the hooking role between Higham and McIllorum.

My affiliate also hinted that we'll probably not be getting a glut of massive signings once the new owner is confirmed, but will be promoting from within.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

weststand-rich posted:
Easy Now ! posted:
all will come out once the playoffs ended. tommie lu lu is off to le cats, wigan have signed dobson, and unfortunatly saints have pounced again, they have signed hanson. You have to trust me !
My club affiliate hinted that there may be changes at scrum half but I got the impression LL may be moving to fight out the hooking role between Higham and McIllorum.
I assume you mean TL not LL?

Strange decision if true as we don't really need three hookers at the club. If one (of two) is injured then the other plays 80 mins. Higham as No. 9 and McIllorum as the interchange and understudy is all we need. Otherwise we end up with possibly three 20/25 slots gone on hookers if McIllorum is promoted.

We could do with a back up half back but I can't see us getting dobbo back for that or him being happy with it.
My affiliate also hinted that we'll probably not be getting a glut of massive signings once the new owner is confirmed, but will be promoting from within.
Well we need a prop, a centre and a full back as a minimum. I don't call that a glut, just sensible recruitment to plug the obvious gaps in the team.

However I have been forming the opinion that Coley could well be our only recruit for 2008 with compromises like keeping Richards at full back and sticking with the props we have now as the likely way things will go.

If we promote from within the side will once more be unbalanced in favour of inexperience. We have tried this before and once the adrenalin wears off the younger players get tired and exposed.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO posted:
weststand-rich posted:
Easy Now ! posted:
I assume you mean TL not LL?

Strange decision if true as we don't really need three hookers at the club. If one (of two) is injured then the other plays 80 mins. Higham as No. 9 and McIllorum as the interchange and understudy is all we need. Otherwise we end up with possibly three 20/25 slots gone on hookers if McIllorum is promoted.

We could do with a back up half back but I can't see us getting dobbo back for that or him being happy with it.
Well we need a prop, a centre and a full back as a minimum. I don't call that a glut, just sensible recruitment to plug the obvious gaps in the team.

However I have been forming the opinion that Coley could well be our only recruit for 2008 with compromises like keeping Richards at full back and sticking with the props we have now as the likely way things will go.

If we promote from within the side will once more be unbalanced in favour of inexperience. We have tried this before and once the adrenalin wears off the younger players get tired and exposed.

Dave
I also hope we do not suffer the injury problems from a couple of seasons ago. Otherwise it will be an extremely long and hard season (again) IMO.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

[quote]DaveO posted:

I'd agree we need at least another prop and a quality centre to allow us the luxery of another season to bring on Goulding. I wouldn't be surpised if Farrell came back and filled in at prop for a year - especially since we effectively have an additional 225K credit note from the non existent wage overspend.

Perhaps.... but not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of teams just seem to be swopping like for like and with the exception of King going to Wire, player equivalents are moving about. I'll happily argue the team we have is a solid top 3 or 4 side. While we're no St Helens were moving in the right direction.

I know Billy Millard copped a lot of flak over the past year (too slow, too old, too grey etc) but Noble bought him becuase he is experienced in games and brings with him an old head the team has lacked. His key asset has been as a stabilising force and because he's a mate on level terms with Barret and Fletch, if they get giddy, Millard will overturn their calls and calm things down. That's been Nobbys rationale anyway. To be fair I'd largely agree he's done that. ... maybe a return of Farrell would perhaps lend that experience we're lacking?

Rich :sly: :sly: