PJ of to bradford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
johnsons_babexx

PJ of to bradford

Post by johnsons_babexx »

Just been on bradford site and on there it has been rumoured that paul is to sign for them. Has any1 else heard this rumour.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

robjoenz

Re: PJ of to bradford

Post by robjoenz »

All over the Rugby League Express today. Johnson and Briscoe are off. Bradford, followed by Saints and Warrington favourites to get PJ. Hull favorites to get Briscoe. Lindsay also had his usual rant about salary caps.

You can see where he is coming from though, we have paid good money to develop those players and now we are having to get rid of them. We have paid for the training of two decent SL players for a rival team. On the other hand without the salary cap the gulf between the Wigans & Bradfords and your Wakefield & Widness's will continue to grow. Looks like the only way to get around this will to introduce loads of little rules and subrules for every different circumstance which is just gonna get complicated. I can't see any way to resolve these problems?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I've seen RLE (don't buy out of season, it's not worth a quid for 4 pages), but I'm wondering what our problem is with the salary cap. We apparently got down to the required level last year, lost Ainscough and O'Neill who certainly wouldn't have been cheap, admittedly we brought in Pongia and Orr but I doubt the two of them were as expensive as Ainscough and O'Neill (esp Pongia who was desperate to play anywhere), and we're worrying about paying the salary of the likes of Briscoe? I know he's done a good job last season but he shouldn't be getting a massive pay hike? The cap hasn't gone down at all so why would we need to get rid? And it makes no sense getting rid of Briscoe when he's our only recognised cover at full-back. PJ's maybe a bit of a different matter but it's all a bit strange to me.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
we brought in Pongia and Orr but I doubt the two of them were as expensive as Ainscough and O'Neill (esp Pongia who was desperate to play anywhere), and we're worrying about paying the salary of the likes of Briscoe?
But surely there is quite a sizable pay increase from the Academy to first team player. With the rest of the young lads coming through won't that take the salaries up?

I agree though, does seem daft letting our only other full back go.
mackie

Post by mackie »

:angry: two words for bradford salary cap if we cant afford johnson neither can they. There should only be a limit on spending on overseas stars but the squad should be capped a 25 this enables us to keep the best british players in league without them going to rah rah. very annoyed weve had to release 2 players we have spent loads of money developing
i am wigan till i die i know i am i'm sure i am i'm wigan till i die
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz,
I would feel happier about your comments about the gap between Wigan/Bradford and Widnes/Wakefield if Johnson/Briscoe were not both going to end up at a top rival. Repeat once again that it is a bad move to keep a crocked Lammy and let two young players go, Maurice should have paid up Lams contract if he wanted to play fair for the pleasure and skill he has brought us over the past 3 years. :(
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.