Damien Blanch

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
adrenalinxx

Damien Blanch

Post by adrenalinxx »

Todays Daily Express has Wigan linked with Chev Walker and Widnes Vikings winger Damien Blanch.

The standard of players Wigan are being linked with has come down a bit from Matt King and Petero Civoniceva.

Apparently Blanch was linked with Castleford but they didn't think he was good enough for there squad.
- psycho -

Re: Damien Blanch

Post by - psycho - »

let hope he is.

damien blanch? :lol:

pleeease, we can do alot ebtter than this.

walker wouldn't be bad, could put the theory that calderwood needs a centre to rest.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I thought someone on hear told us that Calderwood was staying? :conf:

Have i been dreaming?
He's due to sign a year's extension, but hasn't yet, as far as I've heard. He had the option in his contract of another year if he wanted it, and says he does.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

The paper said the Wigan staff had been impressed by is 14 tries in 18 games. That might be a good record but its only in the National League 1 which only has three good teams in it.

A winger performance depends on the rest of the team especially the centres, if Calderwood, who had one the best try scoring records in the Super League is struggling, what hope is there for a National League winger.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

He is probably the form prop at the moment he fell out with his coach mid season (smith newcastle?) and moved to his present team who can not offer a contract to him next season for cap reasons as they have committed to other players , you can see a tackle he did on a st george player on you tube .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

pie eaters posted:
Damien Blanch??? Is somebody taking the mick this reminds of the days when Millward decided to bring in quality players from National League 2 :roll: :lol:
Ade Gardner came from Barrow to Saints why belittle him because he comes from a lower division.
I recall Henderson Gill coming from Rochdale second division you know what happened to him.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

jaws1 posted:
pie eaters posted:
Damien Blanch??? Is somebody taking the mick this reminds of the days when Millward decided to bring in quality players from National League 2 :roll: :lol:
Ade Gardner came from Barrow to Saints why belittle him because he comes from a lower division.
I recall Henderson Gill coming from Rochdale second division you know what happened to him.
yeah, he's botched the golden gamble at the JJB :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Damien Blanch Is this the guy who reminds me of Mick Cassidy? Blond hair guy? If so then he`s 24, ok, but why do we need a winger? :conf:
Blanch is fast, but not good enough for super league. If it was only an option to look at NHL1 for wingers, there are far better ones at Whitehaven, but but lets face it, to progress this is really not an option.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

According to Clarkey Blanch is the best player in NL1! I wonder who his agent is....

Seriously, I wouldn't mind him being given a shot providing it isn't on ridiculous money. Others have made the grade over the years.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hes no better than Calvert....if its try scoreing in NL1 we want sign..

DENNIS MORAN :D