Will we ?Won't we? -----Appeal against the salary cap 4 point deduction?????????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moffsta

Re: Will we ?Won't we? ---...

Post by moffsta »

i think we should appeal anyway whether we get points this season or not. they could always give em to us next season and hey presto........... 4 points clear top of the league before we've even started :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

emperor kel posted:
I dont understand how an audit can be done unless it includes the full accounts and with access to the "books". You could have a situation where a club pays J Bloggs half his salary as a player and then pays Mrs J Bloggs the other half as a cleaner or office clerk.
That is covered by the rules. It would be hard to cover up the fact Mrs J Bloggs was on the clubs payroll so the salary cap auditor would find this easy to spot.

What isn't so easy to spot the the brown paper bag stuffed with £50 notes being passed to a player. From discussions elsewhere I think it is this sort of thing Dave Whelan is alluding to when he says there are dubious practices going on at other clubs.
Does anyone know what is actually audited or have I read the rules wrong?
It's the club accounts which would include Mrs J Bloggs wages.

Dave
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

There is also the possibility that Wigan could lose the appeal or that in winning the appeal they could actually cause more problems than they solve.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
There is also the possibility that Wigan could lose the appeal or that in winning the appeal they could actually cause more problems than they solve.
I can see the former but I can't see the latter.

If we won an appeal before the end of the season we get the four points back and end up higher in the league.

If we win an appeal after the season is over for us whenever that may be, we win on a point of principle. Tne rules also get clarified. A moral victory but one worth having all the same.

If we win an appeal but after the end of the regular season and once the play-offs have started and we are in the play-offs, it would appear to be a huge problem but in reality we and the rest of the league would just have to get on with it and it would be the same moral victory as mentioned above.

I suspect if DW thinks we can get to where we ought to be in the league (4th) without an appeal he won't bother. He is very focused on the club rather than the wider issues of letting the RFL get away with having rules that twitter on about "in the spirit" of the game.

I would like a challenge to be made to clarify the wider issues. Whatever problems it may cause for the RFL then that is up to them. IF Wigan won maybe a few heads would have to roll at the RFL, Nigel Woods in particular would be nice.

Dave
jao 711

Re: Will we ?Won't we? -----Ap...

Post by jao 711 »

the salary cap is a gentlemans agreement within the RFL and probably does not comply with EC employment law.that is why cas pulled out.The same applies to the imported players rule.If a man gets a work permit,we can't stop him earning his living.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

whealan and maurice wont take this any further due to costs and the fact they are selling us. what would they gain from it?.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

With Brian Noble saying, after yesterdays drawn match, that we can still achieve a position in the top six - I would surmise that we are not appealing or not likely to, soon! Otherwise, he would expect to be around fourth spot - pre-points deduction.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

We wont appeal. DW has gone very quiet just as he did when he threatened to take the football higherachy to court re Tevez deal.

DW seems all talk and no balls.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

thegimble posted:
We wont appeal. DW has gone very quiet just as he did when he threatened to take the football higherachy to court re Tevez deal.

The football saga is still running, and so maybe the RL case. They must be careful not to prejudice themselves so silence is the order of the day.

It may not be over.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:

The football saga is still running, and so maybe the RL case. They must be careful not to prejudice themselves so silence is the order of the day.

It may not be over.
It still running due to Sheffield not Wigan. DW backed down and let someone else fight his fight.