Trent 4 going home?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Trent 4 going home?

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
Why would be St George still be paying Barrett?
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/mo ... id=rss_smh

The reason they did it is that instead of paying him his full wage they only had to pay him $80,000 thus reducing their salary cap costs. Had he stayed St. George would have been lumbered with his full wage for the duration of hos contract. I think JJ is right it only lasts for a year.

As to him wanting to go home because the $80K dries up it was stated when the signing was on the cards it was not about money but a wish to sample a different lifestyle etc so I'd be very surprised if this happened.

Dave
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I've heard from an extremely good source that Trent will definately be going back to Australia at the end of the season.

The good news is that he will be back in Wigan on the 28th December to start Pre season training :lol:

bertina

Post by bertina »

Sutty posted:
I've heard from an extremely good source that Trent will definately be going back to Australia at the end of the season.

The good news is that he will be back in Wigan on the 28th December to start Pre season training :lol:
Nice one! :D
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Sutty posted:

Sutty posted:

JOKER !!!

:shau:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

butt monkey posted:
Wigan will not make up the short-fall in his contract payments, he is currently receiving and as such, Trent is looking for a return back "Down Under". :(
Not what I heard. My contact at the club says that Trent loves it over here and is looking to see his career out at Wigan and has let it be known he wants a contract extension now.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

whelans company is paying trent . he is owned by them he obly gets 50k from the rugby side
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

weststand-rich posted:
butt monkey posted:
Wigan will not make up the short-fall in his contract payments, he is currently receiving and as such, Trent is looking for a return back "Down Under". :(
Not what I heard. My contact at the club says that Trent loves it over here and is looking to see his career out at Wigan and has let it be known he wants a contract extension now.
He must be mad.

Talk about a racehorse playing with a set of donkeys. It must be soul-destroying for him.