Trent 4 going home?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Trent 4 going home?

Post by butt monkey »

I have heard a rumour, do not shoot the messenger, it might (hopefully) be a load of rubbish.

I have heard that when the St George Illawarra payments to Trent run out at the end of this season. Wigan will not make up the short-fall in his contract payments, he is currently receiving and as such, Trent is looking for a return back "Down Under". :(
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Matthew

Re: Trent 4 going home?

Post by Matthew »

butt monkey posted:
I have heard a rumour, do not shoot the messenger, it might (hopefully) be a load of rubbish.

I have heard that when the St George Illawarra payments to Trent run out at the end of this season. Wigan will not make up the short-fall in his contract payments, he is currently receiving and as such, Trent is looking for a return back "Down Under". :(
Why would be St George still be paying Barrett? I think that it would have been a condition of releasing him from his contract that they would stop paying him?! One of the reasons they let him go was because they couldn't afford to keep him - not much point in releasing him if they intend to keep paying him.

If Barrett wanted to leave Wigan then another club would have to buy him off us - ala Fielden; as he is contracted to us for another two years - and I can't see us releasing him for a fiver.

Sounds like the usual stains desperation that you find on RLFans - they even thought that we might want long back!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew, as it stands. Trent was released early from his contract in order for St George Illawarra to remain under the cap. However, no agent (or player come to that), is stupid enough to pass the opportunity to earn extra money for nothing. Trent has definitely been receiving payments from his former club during this season.

I will try and find the link if I can.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I was under the impression that Barrett used a get-out clause that allowed him to sign for a SL club when there was a year left on his contact. It seems unlikely that St George would allow him to do that AND still pay him. Even Maurice wouldn't go for that!

And if he is losing the extra money from st george his unlikely to get the extra money back by signing for another club - I doubt he is on peanuts at Wigan
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

He's getting $80,000 from St George this year. I thought it was a one year deal only. :doz:
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

St george brock the cap recently and cited the fact that they were still paying trent (£80000ish) and thats what put them over. They are doing this for one of 2 reasons, either he has taken a pay cut to come over or deferred payments???

Also trent signed a 2 or a 3 year deal so he wont be going anywhere without breaking his contract with wigan.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

hesigned a 3 year deal with us, under a clause in his cotnract that allowed him to move to a sl club. simple.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

plus, these aussies dont come to england unless theres more money in it :wink:

botica

Post by botica »

He was at Tesco in Chorley on saturday afternoon, one of the questions that was put to him was would he be looking to play back in aus after his contract at wigan was up, he answered no once he had completed his two remaining years at Wigan he would be "too old" perhaps to carry on anywhere. (I think he has a few more than two left on the clock myself)...
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

esily. if KFC is still gonig then surely he can to.