O'Loughlin at centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warriors_ace_17

O'Loughlin at centre

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

Play Sean O'Loughlin at centre!!!! I know that isnt his favoured position, but he will be best suited to there. He is a crap satnd off and will never force Orr out of that spot, so centre is where he should play alongside dallas or hodgeson!!!
dallas or hodgeson cant tackle and it was aprobloem area last eyar defending on that wing, and O'Loughlin was our top tackler last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fraggle

Re: O'Loughlin at centre

Post by Fraggle »

I thinl you do Hodgy a dis-service. When he puts his mind to it he's a great tackler, the only problem is sometimes he's not quite where he needs to be. Remember we had the best defence in the league last year more-or-less, so we must have been doing something right after Gregs took over.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wigan_babe_13

Post by wigan_babe_13 »

I think we have made a BIG mistake in letting Briscoe go and keeping crap like O'Loughlin! He is a crap stand-off, a crap loose-forward and he'll never hold down a place at centre with Apsi and Hodgy doing the business and with Kevin Brown as a more than able back-up so it would have been better all round if O'Loughlin had gone and we had kept Briscoe!
O'Loughlin will never make a top class rugby player, he hasn't got the natural talent as Robinson or Hock etc!
Warriors_ace_17

But O'Loughlin was our best tackler last term!!!! I like hodgeson going forward, but he has never impressed me going back and tackling, sam ewith dallas, i think with O'Loughlin at centre we will have a tighter defence next term.
Gotta agree eith everyone else on the subject of letting briscoe go, as he is goinmg to be a fantastic player, not just for his future club, but for GB aswell.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Didn't we see from the Tests that playing players in a non-favoured position does not work? Warrior_babe_13, I think you're a bit harsh on O'Loughlin. Although, to me he has seemed inconsistant, one week he'd be tackling like the best of them, the next he'd be more suited to union and patting them on their way. The lads only young and can only develop as a player. But to develop he needs to be in position!
Warriors_ace_17

True but he is young enough to chnage position and get good at it!!!!
Plus are you trying to say O'Loughlin's position is at stand off, coz he looks out of place there coz he cant play there, same goes for loose forward.
O'Loughlin can make it at centre
AJ

Post by AJ »

wigan_babe_13 wrote:
I think we have made a BIG mistake in letting Briscoe go and keeping crap like O'Loughlin! He is a crap stand-off, a crap loose-forward and he'll never hold down a place at centre with Apsi and Hodgy doing the business and with Kevin Brown as a more than able back-up so it would have been better all round if O'Loughlin had gone and we had kept Briscoe!
O'Loughlin will never make a top class rugby player, he hasn't got the natural talent as Robinson or Hock etc!
ive thought it for a while now, you really do know nothing about RL do u, u stupid little girl! im sure u watch a different wigan rl to the rest of us! since gary connolly went sean o' is one of our three best defenders, and whilst he isnt a creative stand of will find himself a very nice niche replacing mick cassidy in the 2nd row in the next year or two, cassidy who is just a defender with no natural talent or flare, and doesnt get slated!

briscoe was average at bezt, everyone said so once kris returned and we saw what quality we had been missing

and as for pual johnson, well good riddence! never been good enough for wigan rl imo!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Latest rumours are that we will be signing Martin Gleeson from Saints (from the Independent)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

If so I hope he does better than the last Stains reject we had. Goldspink was utter crap until it was announced he was leaving, and even then he was nothing special. Hardly a big name, but who gets dropped? Hodgy was our top scorer and Aspinwall looked like he'd been playing in the squad for a long time when he got the chance. Do we *really* need a centre, or is this just another of Chairman Mo's ridiculous schemes to make us think we're going to be better because we've got players from other clubs that people have heard of before?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AJ posted:
briscoe was average at bezt, everyone said so once kris returned and we saw what quality we had been missing
Well thank goodness for that. Someone else who remembers how it was when Rads came back.

Briscoe was at times dire in defence. If the opposition had tried a kick over the top he just was not at home more often than not.

There were calls to get rid of Rads when he injured as Briscoe was better. These calls stopped immediately Rads returned because it was just so obvious he was in a different league and anyone persisting with idea of Briscoe over Rads wold have made themselves look stupid.

I am mad not because it is Briscoe we have lost but because we have been forced into releasing any player just because we played some of the younger squad members more than 20 games.

Dave