Ashton released

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
anon45

Ashton released

Post by anon45 »

Chris ASshton is no longer a Wigan Warriors player according to a close friend of his who told me he had been released on Thursday!
turf

Re: Ashton released

Post by turf »

If he has, I say good luck and goodbye Chris and I wish you well in whatever the future may hold and whatever you decide to do after RU.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

turf posted:
If he has, I say good luck and goodbye Chris and I wish you well in whatever the future may hold and whatever you decide to do after RU.
In a few years time the majority of Wigan fans will look back and say "do you remember that kid Astley or was it Ashton who played a season or two for us. Well what ever happened to him?"
turf

Post by turf »

There's nothing on the official site to this yet!!

I suppose it will go down either after or tomorrow and then it will be on then!! :D :)
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

turf posted:
There's nothing on the official site to this yet!!

I suppose it will go down either after or tomorrow and then it will be on then!! :D :)
If ever a player has showed up to be a spoilt little brat this is it! It's obvious he has not given anything close to his full effort or ability towards the cause of the team!
turf

Post by turf »

Martin Taylor posted:
It's obvious he has not given anything close to his full effort or ability towards the cause of the team!
You know why that is don't you Martin Taylor:

Because he is of to RU, he is not putting the same amount of effort into our games because of fear of an injury preventing him from starting the season from the begining with Northampton.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

If he was released last Thursday, how on Earth could he have been included in the 18 for today?

Sorry, but it's nonsense.

Having said that, I doubt we'll see Ashton in a Wigan shirt again.
turf

Post by turf »

Cruncher posted:
If he was released last Thursday, how on Earth could he have been included in the 18 for today?

I totally agree Cruncher.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Cruncher posted:

Having said that, I doubt we'll see Ashton in a Wigan shirt again.
He was never in the 18 - McIlorum was the one who missed out; wrongly IMO, should have been Millard.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Millard played well today IMO, one or two errors but tackled hard and was quite quick unbelievably.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame