Good riddance PJ SB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mario

Re: Good riddance PJ SB

Post by mario »

mario

Post by mario »

Warrior Wills posted:

I can’t see what the all the fuss is about in getting rid of Johnson and Briscoe!!

Neither were planned for the first team anyway, probably cover players at best, and we have plenty of those.

Just think of all the two pointers we will get against Bradford now, with Johnson’s persistent high tackling!

As far as Briscoe is concerned only time will tell if he is going to turn into a class player, cos at the moment he isn’t.

2004 Backs Starting line up :

1) Radlinski
2) Carney
3) Hodgeson
4) Aspinwall
5) Dallas
6) Orr
7) Robinson

It not that bad reading is it – would you pick Johnson or Briscoe in front of any of the above????
how old is briscoe? is anybody world class at his age?
when radlinski comes to the end of his career briscoe has the potential of being the best full back in super league if not the world. he's got everthing radders has got but experience. it's madness letting him go!
warriors

Post by warriors »

how old is briscoe? is anybody world class at his age?
when radlinski comes to the end of his career briscoe has the potential of being the best full back in super league if not the world. he's got everthing radders has got but experience. it's madness letting him go![/quote]see warrior will.
I think that you just need to really watch more games before you start to say things like that.(I was like that)

Briscoe has gone, but if we could get him back, next season. That would be pritty good. :)
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

on a personal note.. i really liked young briscoe.. i thought we was outstanding while rads was out.. & don`t forget he was gone for quite sometime....
i was very angry when we let him go.. like the above post points out, how old is briscoe? & how good is he already.... i can understand loaning him to hull but to just cast him off. mistake for me..

Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I'm really amazed they have let Sean Briscoe go and can only assume there is a hidden agenda as I thought he got thrown in the deep end last season and rose to the occasion - ok he wasn't Rads but he soon will be very close. With PJ I'm less surprised he never looked happy last year and perhaps the JJB has too many reminders for him. I wish them both well and am sorry to see them go just like I was sorry to see Gary Connolly & David Furner go last year. Thinking back the first time I felt like this with Wigan was when they let Sam Panapa and Frano Botica go - I thought the world would end. Who's departure upset the rest of you the most?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Dorsey posted:
Who's departure upset the rest of you the most?
Kelvin (the gorilla, not Skerrett although he was a good 'un as well!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Brian Edgar

Post by Brian Edgar »

'Rocket' Ronnie Braithwaite's departure was hard to take. If Frank Spencer had played for Wigan at the same time he would have kept the 'Rocket' on the subs bench.

Still we all admired Ronnie. Jesus loves a tryer.