Chev Walker In The Guardian

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wigan rugby

Chev Walker In The Guardian

Post by wigan rugby »

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/rugbyleague ... 84,00.html

Chev Walker is ready to cut short his rugby union career, after less than a season with Bath, and Wigan are strong favourites to bring him back to the Super League.
England's union coach, Brian Ashton, identified Walker as a player with international potential when he helped to sign him in his previous role at Bath but the 24-year-old centre has struggled to settle since moving south from Leeds on a two-year contract last November.

He made only eight Premiership starts last season and is now set to link up again with his former Great Britain coach, Brian Noble, at the JJB Stadium, although Hull Kingston Rovers are thought to be one of several other league clubs interested
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

Brad5926

Re: Chev Walker In The Guardia...

Post by Brad5926 »

get him in ASAP, hes a no nosense centre who could be the key to opening up Calderwoods chest of trys, he doesnt back down from no challenge and will give 100% every game
thegimble

Re: Chev Walker In The Gua...

Post by thegimble »

Yup i think he will bring the best out of Calderwood. We need a few new players and quality and hes one we need.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Maybe there is something in the idea he wants to return to RL.

However the bit about being linked to Wigan is surely the standard footnote all journalists append to any article about a players transfer? Fills up a bit of the column etc.

I am pretty sure Mo denied Wigan would be signing Walker the first time this rumour surfaced.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
Maybe there is something in the idea he wants to return to RL.

However the bit about being linked to Wigan is surely the standard footnote all journalists append to any article about a players transfer? Fills up a bit of the column etc.

I am pretty sure Mo denied Wigan would be signing Walker the first time this rumour surfaced.

Dave
MO denied Barrett was well last year at some point. And since when do we trust MO.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

It wont be Mo's decision so it counts for nothing if he wanted him or not , its Nobby who wants him , if Noble stays expect to see Walker in a Wigan shirt if it can be sorted with the RU financially .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Great news Chev would be great with Calderwood and we would become a much better attacking side with his presence.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

lucky 13 posted:
It wont be Mo's decision so it counts for nothing if he wanted him or not , its Nobby who wants him , if Noble stays expect to see Walker in a Wigan shirt if it can be sorted with the RU financially .
Don't be too sure of that.

It won't be Mo making the decision, but that's not because of Noble. It'll be the new chairman who decides.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The idea that a coach is (or should be) fully in charge of recruitment without any input from the man who actually writes the cheques is pie in the sky.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The idea that a coach is (or should be) fully in charge of recruitment without any input from the man who actually writes the cheques is pie in the sky.
This is true and it's the same at any club.

Dave
farnsberg

Post by farnsberg »

Don't want to sound like a tit here but I can tell you that Chev has trained with the Warriors several times this year. As far as I'm aware everything is set in place for him to become a Warrior next season. Just a few minor details to settle, or so I'm told, then he will be here.