Brent Grose, anyone?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Brent Grose, anyone?

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ngton.html

Warrington are to reluctantly part company with overseas trio Chris Leikvoll, Brent Grose and Henry Fa'afili because of salary-cap constraints.

jinkin jimmy

Re: Brent Grose, anyone?

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Don't want the prop but sadly I think both backs could do a job for us. Shows how crap we are.

I do know that Grose has been checked out by at least 1 aussie club. They wanted to pay him in dollars what he was getting in pounds at Wolves - £70K.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

In short, NO.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

What about Tadulala from Wakey? I always rated him.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

jinkin jimmy posted:
He's got a dodgy arm. The break he suffered earlier in the season has not mended
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fujiman posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
He's got a dodgy arm. The break he suffered earlier in the season has not mended
So is he retiring?
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fujiman posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
So is he retiring?
No-one seems to know. Plus he's 31. We should steer well clear.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

I would say yes to grose and no to Tadulala, beacause Grose is a quick defensive and offensive full back who can do his job well, the money factor is the only thing that may stop us from signing him as one thing we do not wish to achieve next year is another point deduction, Tadulala has just never been in my good books he is quick but not quick enough for my likeing, if we need a cheap winger though he won't be as much as the rest of the wingers going around the league BUT if Fafili isn't signed by Bradford who have reported interest in him then i would definatly sign the winger/centre
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
I rate Briscoe over Grose!
I don't! Briscoe isn't even first choice fb at Hull. I'd have Motu Tony if he was available though.

We dont want either , Brett Hodgson is the player we want to be looking to bring in.
Agreed, but if we can't get him, Grose would be a good option from the limited number of available fullbacks.

Wealth of experience seems as Fletcher is going , he's captained West Tigers played state of Origin has a good kick rate , quick , good sidestep , good under the high ball all the qualitys a good fullback should have.
I agree with that, but it now seems that Brett will re-sign with Wests.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

pieater-alex posted:
I rate Briscoe over Grose!

We dont want either , Brett Hodgson is the player we want to be looking to bring in.

Wealth of experience seems as Fletcher is going , he's captained West Tigers played state of Origin has a good kick rate , quick , good sidestep , good under the high ball all the qualitys a good fullback should have.

However a Warrington cast off isn't.

Totally agree. Out of all available he should be number one target.unless we spend big on a bowen or slater i'd be more than happy if we signed hodgson