todays papers

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
simmy1

todays papers

Post by simmy1 »

did anyone see the story about the nou camp holding catalans games and possibly a spanish team from barcelona joining super league in 2009
Nobbylad

Re: todays papers

Post by Nobbylad »

News to me that. Wouldn't mind an away trip to Barcelona though!
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

Would be great for me :)
M y friends just bought a massive house in Barcelona :lol:
the big i

Post by the big i »

Werent they thinking about playing their challenge cup QF tie in the olympic stadium in barca if they were drawn at home?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

barcelona are cosidering a franchise for 2009 ,whooops sorry castleford
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

So is RL on the verge of making a complete plonker of itself again?

Names like Paris St. Germaine spring to mind, alongside Cardiff Blue Dragons, Gateshead Thunder, Sheffield Eagles.

If the game couldn't take root in these areas, what chance of it taking root in Spain?

Sorry, but I just think this is fanciful nonsense. Of course, if it's for real the RFL should seriously consider it - after all, it's part of the expansionist dream ('dream' being the apt word). But a brand new SL club forming in a part of the world where there's never been RL before, and in the space of one season?

As far as I can see, including the Bullfighters in 2009 will serve one purpose and one purpose only. It'll make Castleford's chances of inclusion that little bit less likely.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

And if Barca get in and Cas does not we will be blamed. If Cas dont get in it will be funny and serves the idiot of a chairman they have right.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

and it will be a team made up again of 2nd rate aussies ,dont we have enough of them in the league at the moment well soon be known as the arl league 2
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mike binder posted:
and it will be a team made up again of 2nd rate aussies ,dont we have enough of them in the league at the moment well soon be known as the arl league 2
Thought we were the Aussie Retirment Plan League.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder posted:
totally correct mike. the game should be promoted more around britian before another foreign side is introduced. what about a big push for the celtic crues or a team in scotland ( trots could look after us that weekend|)