Coley, Alker, Fitspatick and Hodgson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Coley, Alker, Fitspati...

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 posted:
its easy making it fit when you don't know the figures Dave O :D
That whole point is that for an average of £70K plus you should be able to get several really good players and the rest of your 20 as good quality pros.

If what some current players at Wigan are actually paid prevents this then that is a problem. I don't mean the likes of Barrett who will be on more than the average but some of the ones who you might think were just in the 20/25 but imay be highly paid on or close to the average wage.

If as you suggest some of the Salford players mentioned are on the £70K plus average then IMO they are being overpaid.

None of them are worth the £70K average wage.

I think you mentioned Tomkins is on a lot of money. I have seen £40K mentioned which is way over the top for him but even if it is correct then at leaves over £30K to spend elsewhere (i.e. it gets you a £100K player).

I have also seen figures of around £65K mentioned for the likes of Hock, Lockers and possibly Hansen. Less than the average for three mainstays of your first 17.

But whatever they all really earn the point is with an average of around £70K a player you ought to be able to get a better side than we have got IMO with three or four high earners of the Barrett calibre but the rest of the top 20 not being players of a standard who helped get their side relegated.

Dave

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

I think you mentioned Tomkins is on a lot of money. I have seen £40K mentioned which is way over the top for him
If we use squad numbers as a guideline, then surely he was on less than £25k?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:

I think you mentioned Tomkins is on a lot of money. I have seen £40K mentioned which is way over the top for him
I am sure I read earlier in the season the club were not happy he refused a loan deal because they wanted his wages off the books. In deciding to stay and fight for his place he lumbered Wigan with paying his full wage.

Of course if this is true it was Wigan's own fault for giving him the wage in the first place but that is what I recall.

Dave
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:

I am sure I read earlier in the season the club were not happy he refused a loan deal because they wanted his wages off the books. In deciding to stay and fight for his place he lumbered Wigan with paying his full wage.

Of course if this is true it was Wigan's own fault for giving him the wage in the first place but that is what I recall.

Dave
Another example of the crippling mismanagement of recent times.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO posted:
lucky 13 posted:
its easy making it fit when you don't know the figures Dave O :D
That whole point is that for an average of £70K plus you should be able to get several really good players and the rest of your 20 as good quality pros.

If what some current players at Wigan are actually paid prevents this then that is a problem. I don't mean the likes of Barrett who will be on more than the average but some of the ones who you might think were just in the 20/25 but imay be highly paid on or close to the average wage.

If as you suggest some of the Salford players mentioned are on the £70K plus average then IMO they are being overpaid.

None of them are worth the £70K average wage.

I think you mentioned Tomkins is on a lot of money. I have seen £40K mentioned which is way over the top for him but even if it is correct then at leaves over £30K to spend elsewhere (i.e. it gets you a £100K player).

I have also seen figures of around £65K mentioned for the likes of Hock, Lockers and possibly Hansen. Less than the average for three mainstays of your first 17.

But whatever they all really earn the point is with an average of around £70K a player you ought to be able to get a better side than we have got IMO with three or four high earners of the Barrett calibre but the rest of the top 20 not being players of a standard who helped get their side relegated.

Dave
We may ge paying over the odds, if you say none of the Salford players mentioned are on between 50 to 70 grand then the money they pay out would be well under 1m for the full squad / youth teams , as these players would be amongst the clubs higher payed ,
so players are on more than we think or something else is amiss , if you look back at the team I wrote down I have B Hodgeson Moi Moi and Walker who I would put in the higher bracket then the likes of dodgey Coley and Korkidas to make up the squad .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Back on topic, one of these names is a close mate of mine and i have been with him most of today.

For anyone who want's to know, Coley (as everyone already knows) is a done deal. Wigan have already tried to bring him early this season, with a loan deal of three academy players to Salford, in return for Coley to help us push for a top 6 spot. He is certainly not happy at Salford and was keen to jump ship to Wigan.

Alker will not be coming to Wigan i can assure people.

Fitzi would love to play for Wigan and will not hide it from anyone. A Hindley lad who i can assure you would just be happy to be playing in the cherry and white! However, from what he has been told Wigan only consider him as a second or third choice option behind Brett Hodgeson for the full-back slot. The problem is Hodgeson is looking for a massive pay day; figures being put to me of a contract of about 140k a season and Wigan are just not prepared to stretch to that, realising they could recruit two quality players for this.

Finally, Wigan has approached Dave Hodgeson about returning to Wigan next season. This is from the horses mouth! He has also had initial talks with Hudds and Hull KR, but is keen to stay in Wigan were he lives with his young family! No figures have even been discussed at this stage.

On a seperate note, spoke to three players last week whom all seem to think that Terry is on his way home! :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Martin Taylor posted:
Back on topic, one of these names is a close mate of mine and i have been with him most of today.

For anyone who want's to know, Coley (as everyone already knows) is a done deal. Wigan have already tried to bring him early this season, with a loan deal of three academy players to Salford, in return for Coley to help us push for a top 6 spot. He is certainly not happy at Salford and was keen to jump ship to Wigan.

Fitzi would love to play for Wigan and will not hide it from anyone. A Hindley lad who i can assure you would just be happy to be playing in the cherry and white! However, from what he has been told Wigan only consider him as a second or third choice option behind Brett Hodgeson for the full-back slot. The problem is Hodgeson is looking for a massive pay day; figures being put to me of a contract of about 140k a season and Wigan are just not prepared to stretch to that, realising they could recruit two quality players for this.

Finally, Wigan has approached Dave Hodgeson about returning to Wigan next season. This is from the horses mouth! He has also had initial talks with Hudds and Hull KR, but is keen to stay in Wigan were he lives with his young family! No figures have even been discussed at this stage.

On a seperate note, spoke to three players last week whom all seem to think that Terry is on his way home! :roll:
Hope not!!!!!!!!!
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Martin Taylor posted:

Hope so![/b]
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
crookmeister

Post by crookmeister »

if ur on about wages then Vaealiki is on huge wages!!!!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Not bad then.

3 out of the 4 could well end up AT WIGAN.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE