Wembley v Millenium Stadium

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OAMJSONA

Wembley v Millenium Stadium

Post by OAMJSONA »

Well after going to the game at weekend (mainly to see what the stadium was like ) i was wondering what E1s thoughts where in comparison to other stadiums. My own view about wembley is nothing special from te outside, quite impressive inside , plenty of room on the concorses inside. Not really sure if it is better than the Millenium stadium though.

Come on whats ur thoughts
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

jame1

Re: Wembley v Millenium Stadiu...

Post by jame1 »

A big improvment on the old wembly, more room on the concourse, easier to see the pitch, wider seats and you get served very expensive food and drink quicker. much better than the millenium stadium.
Fujiman

Re: Wembley v Millenium St...

Post by Fujiman »

Wembley is head and shoulders better than Cardiff.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

as to be wembley in name alone :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

agreed,very bland outside but brilliant inside
bertina

Post by bertina »

Fujiman posted:
Wembley is head and shoulders better than Cardiff.
Agreed!
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

sorry Cardiff for me, stadium in the middle of the city not stuck on an industrial estate, decent staff no long queus for overpriced food, view just as good
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
OJ

Post by OJ »

Wembley is a magnificent stadium, no argument about that but apart from the stadium there isn't anything else around there. With Cardiff there are loads of pubs, bars and eating places just outside the stadium and the park just across the road. My own favourite was Murrayfield (could that possibly have anything to do with the result we got there? :D ) but I found Murrayfield easier to get to and everything else was at least as good if not better than the other two and the natives were friendlier as well.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

not been to Cardiff yet :( always on hols or away with work.

but thought wemberley was pretty fantastic once inside.

Outside of the ground was cack with very little atmosphere, just loads of people doing a circuit to check if there was anything other than concrete to look at.

As for wemberley being poor in terms of getting in / out of surrounding area -had no problems at all.

Camp out at a local pub after match for an hour or 4 then no queues for tube - jobs a good un
GEER EM ONSIDE
botica

Post by botica »

well we had club wembley seats,5 course lunch and free bar, seats on the edge of player walk up to the royal box with cushioned seating!!! I was ratted!! Resisted the urge to trip longy up and ended up missing the train home! What a great day. I can get used to people saying "more Champagne Madam" I can't compare really... And no i don't own club wembley tickets, just know a man that does!! :D
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010