Wigan Players Keep or Out?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
live wigan

Re: Wigan Players Keep or O...

Post by live wigan »

Mark Calderwood - keep he is going to be big 4 wigan
we need to get the support 4 him

Stuart Fielden - Out we got ripped off yes riped of big time brian nobby look at the stats get him out now big rip off
:doz:
adele_ww_claire

Re: Wigan Players Keep ...

Post by adele_ww_claire »

Wel no he isn't but at most times...he has put effort in more than Lulu.
Lulu was better when he was at quins whether he needs to adjust...but he doesn't support Barrett like he should do!

i think Hill should stay. He is a very good tough and aggressive player who can attack well and defend even better =D
DANNY HILL TO STAYYYY!!!
Grandma loves Grandad <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pieater-alex posted:
Thomas leuluai - Contracted for another 3 years not going anywhere. This lad is only 21 and under Trent Barrett I feel could develop into a really dangerous scrum half.
Why? I have not seen any great improvement as the season has gone on.
Could do with improving in defense in some areas but then again that's were most scrum halfs fall down. i.e Stacey Jones , Rob Burrow.
The fact those two are maybe not good defenders does not make it a general rule that scrum halfs are poor defenders. They can be less effective because of their smaller stature but there is an important difference between being less effective and poor in defence. Poor means deficient in some way. TL is not small for a scrum half anyway. The problem he has in defence is down to poor judgement and missing tackles. It needs to improve and can't be excused because some other scrum halfs also have a problem because it is costing us tries.

He should watch McIllorum who is hardly a giant himself and learn how to tackle.
Sean O'loughlin - His form has improved at the back end of this season , does drop some stupid balls at times. His defense is second to none. He's up there with Mick Cassidy for that. Gets through 40 , 50 + tackles in a game which is fantastic. Although he's not a captain.
The problem with Lockers is that a 13 needs more to his game than putting in 30 to 40 tackles. The fact his contribution to the team is his tackling and not much by way of attacking flair is a problem for the side. Our attack stems from Barrett 99 times out of 100 because Lockers and TL are limited in this respect.

Our two most effective attackers in the middle of the park are Barrett and Higham. Given Nobby keeps subbing Higham for long periods we look to Barrett virtually all the time Highsm is off. So Lockers and TL need to offer something more in attack as well. Most other teams have the luxury of the extra attacking options their 7 and 13 give them compared to Wigan.

Dave
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I would agree with DaveO Lockers seems to have gone more the way of a working second row than the creative loose forward we need , he shows glimpses but not enough as for Lulu I have seen enough to think he may be a good scrum half , before he came to us he had injury problems which now (touch wood)seem to be behind him, defense wise he as missed a few but as also made enough good hits to show this area of his game can be improved .
Our problems seem to be down to dominance in the pack and if we can get in some good forwards we may see better play from our creative players , I would give them the chance to do this over the next season before changes are made.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
turf

Post by turf »

A bit harsh on Fielden there live wigan!! :o
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

[quote]pieater-alex posted:

Paleaasina - What a player does his job to perfection. Comes on for 15 minutes about 3 or 4 times in a game and knocks down tired defenses like there not there. The metres this guy makes is unbelievable.

(quote]

What are you on?? He has never played a 60 minute game in his life and I'd wager that apart from the Stains game where Fielden was KO'ed in the first minute he hasn't played a 45 minute game either. He is definately one who should go unless he can get his aerobic fitness level up to where he can play a 60 minute game.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
pieater-alex posted:

Paleaasina - What a player does his job to perfection. Comes on for 15 minutes about 3 or 4 times in a game and knocks down tired defenses like there not there. The metres this guy makes is unbelievable.

What are you on?? He has never played a 60 minute game in his life and I'd wager that apart from the Stains game where Fielden was KO'ed in the first minute he hasn't played a 45 minute game either. He is definately one who should go unless he can get his aerobic fitness level up to where he can play a 60 minute game.
He's never going to be that type of prop, Ian. What we need is another 60 minute prop in the Logan/Smith mould, so that Feca can do what he does best.
If you look at similar players around the league (the likes of Lauititi, Vagana, Maiava & Fa'asavalu), they get about the same game time as Feca.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

ian.birchall posted:

Paleaasina

(quote]

He will never be a player who is on for very long, the impact he makes and energy he uses insure that, if you think we should get rid of probably the most destructive running prop in the game I give up , we need to complement him with players who can make his spells even more devastating I realy do despair sometimes :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

As has been said elsewhere - Feka is not a prop who plays for 60 minutes. He is a destructive battering ram that excites the crowd and demoralises defenders (usually by running over the top of them). What we need is a big workhorse prop who can make decent yards and a fair job in defense.

Getting rid of Feka would be ridiculous - he's only 23 and the best years for a prop are in his late 20s! Heaven help the opposition's defence then!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Is this a joke Feka is one of our most exciting prospects and has been very consistent in what he does, which is destroying defences. Getting rid of this guy would be ridicules, he'll be getting his international call up this year me thinks.