Darren Lockyer?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Geraldine_Papadopoulos

Darren Lockyer?

Post by Geraldine_Papadopoulos »

He's eager to play in super league. He was over here in england to watch the CC final and was sat next to nobby. We're looking for a full back, he can play full back. Why not? He'll probably take up most of the cap but i'm sure he'll make up for it!
Signed:

Geraldine Papadopoulos
lucky 13

Re: Darren Lockyer?

Post by lucky 13 »

Probably get him for the same money as Hodgeson is asking if we could bring in a center and two decent props yes , but honestly can you see it :lol: :lol:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

We'd get him alright ... if we were prepared to wait two years until his current contract runs out and were happy to have a guy who's nearly 34 years old on our books.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Cruncher posted:
We'd get him alright ... if we were prepared to wait two years until his current contract runs out and were happy to have a guy who's nearly 34 years old on our books.
I don't care how good he has been, to sign a 34 year old would be lunacy. Especially one that would cost a packet.
Lockyer has never shown any interest in coming over here in the past, so why let him come for a nice fat retirement fund. NO THANKS!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The reason he doesn't play fullback anymore is because he has lost pace after all of the injuries he has had.

To sign a 34 player (who would no doubt be on a ridiculous 6 figure salary) would be insane. How long would he sign for?

If he had wanted to come to SL and more importantly Wigan - then he would have done so 5 years ago. If he comes here now then it will be for a nice pension
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

He will be 31 if he signes for a super league club next year.People are always going on and on about players contracts and how they cant move to England because of this, if he wants to play in Super League he will.

That Jake Webster who is coming over (hopefully to us) had 1 year left on his so called contract.
And Stuart Fielden had god knows how may years left on his, same with Peacock and a load of other players.

If he wants to play for us i say bring it on he can play fullback,stand off and center and is classed as the best player in the world.

Somebody said he cant play fullback because he has lost yards of pace, If your going down that road then Hodgeson shouldent come then because hes lost 2 yards of pace and Richards shouldent be fullback because hes like a slug when hes running it out from under his posts.