Jake Webster

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Hawkeye

Jake Webster

Post by Hawkeye »

Seems he's got a "huge offer" from a SL side for next season. Dont really know much about the kid but he's a international and only 23 i think. could it be us? the word huge offer always gets me worried

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html
Matthew

Re: Jake Webster

Post by Matthew »

Thought the same thing!

Richards to fullback and Webster to replace him on the wing? Colbon to play another season of back up?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Matthew posted:
Thought the same thing!

Richards to fullback and Webster to replace him on the wing? Colbon to play another season of back up?

"Jake had personally approached us on Monday of this week about a possible release to pursue an opportunity to play in the centres for a UK Super League team,"

sometimes i give up read the article! :eusa17:
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

I'm pretty sure this guy is regarded as more of a centre than a winger.
bertina

Jake Webster bound for super league.

Post by bertina »

Just read on skysports website that Gold Coast Titans have announced that New Zealand test winger Jake Webster will be leaving them at the end of the season to take up a position at an as yet unnamed super league club after receiving a "huge offer".
Could it be us? I can't say that I know much about him, but if he is a NZ international you would expect him to be half decent. Only thing that worries me is the "huge offer" bit.
Anybody know much about him?
bertina

Re: Jake Webster bound for sup...

Post by bertina »

bertina posted:
Just read on skysports website that Gold Coast Titans have announced that New Zealand test winger Jake Webster will be leaving them at the end of the season to take up a position at an as yet unnamed super league club after receiving a "huge offer".
Could it be us? I can't say that I know much about him, but if he is a NZ international you would expect him to be half decent. Only thing that worries me is the "huge offer" bit.
Sorry folks!, I didn't realise there was already a thread on the rumour mill.
Matthew

Re: Jake Webster bound for sup...

Post by Matthew »

bertina posted:
The last "NZ international" that joined us has probably worked out to be the worst value for money player we have signed in recent times!

He is leaving because he probably won't have a starting spot next season - so he can't be that good!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

'Huge' is hardly a definitive value is it?

When a club lose a player they always put a spin on it - whether it's salary cap or we couldn't match the extortinate offer.

It's going to be more that he's on at the moment and less than Trent's on at Wigan - that leaves quite a large margin.
GeoffN

Re: Jake Webster bound for...

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
The last "NZ international" that joined us has probably worked out to be the worst value for money player we have signed in recent times!

He is leaving because he probably won't have a starting spot next season - so he can't be that good!
I don't think Leuluai has been that bad! Anyway, he's not leaving.
Matthew

Re: Jake Webster bound for...

Post by Matthew »

GeoffN posted:
I don't think Leuluai has been that bad! Anyway, he's not leaving.
Alright then! Last but two (including Feka), if there are any others that I have missed then I am referring to DV - as well you knew Geoff!