Jake Webster

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
- psycho -

Re: Jake Webster

Post by - psycho - »

he has gone to KR

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 970141.stm

im growing ever more irritated by our lack of signings or announcements as to who we will have playing for us next season :angry:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Another one bites the dust :( , big shame.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

- psycho - posted:
he has gone to KR

im growing ever more irritated by our lack of signings or announcements as to who we will have playing for us next season :angry:

well we can say that who ever we sign wont be to the quality as most thats been signed so fair. its very worring times at this club. you only need to look at who were linked with coley,walker,. compare with who warrington, hull, hull kr even huddersfield have signed its bloody frightening.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

- psycho -

next years wigan team are playing this years wigan team on friday night should be a laugh :conf:
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Hawkeye posted:
- psycho - posted:
he has gone to KR

well we can say that who ever we sign wont be to the quality as most thats been signed so fair. its very worring times at this club. you only need to look at who were linked with coley,walker,. compare with who warrington, hull, hull kr even huddersfield have signed its bloody frightening.
or very sensible. Don't forget Wolves have got King at a huge cost and we signed Vealiki thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread and look what happened, Webster could just be the same
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

- psycho - posted:
he has gone to KR

And I don't think we should build our hopes up that anything massive will be announced on Sept 1 either.

Maurice is in hospital until the Saints match at the earliest (2 weeks off), while Whelan is away on holiday.

So the question is, who is going to finalise and then announce these big signings that we're all hopeful are currently going on behind closed doors? And don't tell me Brian Noble. He doesn't even know whether he'll have a job here in a month's time.
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Things dont look good atthe moment. Other clubs are leaving us behind with the quality of signings they are making, and not just the big clubs.

for Hull KR to pull of this kind of signing worrries me, esp when we have signed nobody. There isnt the amount of quality players available to make me think that we will sign anyone of any real quality.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Last years signings:

Barrett, Bailey, Withers, Millard, Flannegan

Next years rumours (non confirmed):

Walker, Coley, Hodgson(dodgy), Briscoe, Fai'fili(sp)

Fans complained that we signed too many past their best has-beens last year with only one "star" signing. If the above rumours prove to be true; then how are we all going to feel about that!

How can clubs like KR and Wire be a better lure to players than us? Everyone says our finances are in a mess - but we can spend the maximum allowed and we have a £220K bonus next year!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Matthew posted:
Last years signings:

Barrett, Bailey, Withers, Millard, Flannegan

Next years rumours (non confirmed):

Walker, Coley, Hodgson(dodgy), Briscoe, Fai'fili(sp)

Fans complained that we signed too many past their best has-beens last year with only one "star" signing. If the above rumours prove to be true; then how are we all going to feel about that!

How can clubs like KR and Wire be a better lure to players than us? Everyone says our finances are in a mess - but we can spend the maximum allowed and we have a £220K bonus next year!
I agree. If our finances were so bad, no-one would have stepped in and bought us.

You want my opinion, there's no hand on the tiller at present. ML and DW consider that they've finished, while the new guy still hasn't arrived.

It may only be a brief period of drift this, but it's turning into a fairly crucial one.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
And don't tell me Brian Noble. He doesn't even know whether he'll have a job here in a month's time.
You keep posting references to this idea. Where does that come from? He has a contract longer than the end of this season doesn't he?

Why would he think he has not got a job at Wigan for next season when he has a contract that says he has?

In my opinion his position is no more at risk and also no more secure than any other coach with a contract that runs into next season regardless of new owners.

On what basis do you say otherwise?

Dave