Briscoe

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Briscoe

Post by GeoffN »

adrenalinxx posted:

...the only reason he is not playing is because he has been injured this season.
Not according to Peter Sharp:

"Salary-cap pressures dictate that it is not economically viable to retain two full-backs on a level of contracts that Shaun and Motu command".

So which one did he decide to release?

"Coach Peter Sharp has preferred Tony at full-back and Briscoe has played on the wing in the last two matches".

He only got the wing spot because of Sing's injury, he was on the bench before that.

bertina

Post by bertina »

GeoffN posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

...the only reason he is not playing is because he has been injured this season.
Not according to Peter Sharp:

"Salary-cap pressures dictate that it is not economically viable to retain two full-backs on a level of contracts that Shaun and Motu command".

So which one did he decide to release?

"Coach Peter Sharp has preferred Tony at full-back and Briscoe has played on the wing in the last two matches".

He only got the wing spot because of Sing's injury, he was on the bench before that.

That's right Geoff, and if the rumours are true and all we have to look forward to is a second stringer from Hull, and a few journeymen from a pretty sorry bunch at Salford, then we are in the mire good style.
Just what the hell is going on ?!!!
Geraldine_Papadopoulos

Post by Geraldine_Papadopoulos »

I hear briscoe has signed for hull kr
Signed:

Geraldine Papadopoulos
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Banksy posted:
Does no one think Briscoe will be the answer to our fullback problem? personally think we can do much better than Hulls second best.
Like warringtons second best. i would prefer Groose to sean but it depends on quota places
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

damien morrissey posted:
Banksy posted:
Does no one think Briscoe will be the answer to our fullback problem? personally think we can do much better than Hulls second best.
Like warringtons second best. i would prefer Groose to sean but it depends on quota places
So would I. Plenty quota spots available next season.
jammie

Post by jammie »

how many good full backs are there out there,not many briscoe is a wigan lad with the heart of a lion who puts his body on the line when ever he is called upon to do so,he comes into the line well when attacking,give me him any time over some over the hill money making final contract pensioner import,eg withers i rest my case.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

Shevi 4 life posted:
Strong tackler and support player ideal fullback but will never be anything more than average
didnt look a trong tackler on the wing vs hull kr! he let in like 3 tries, i wouldnt buy him on that performance!
To be the best
you have to beat the best
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if that's the case then goo bye to hull KR. richards is doing sound at the moment. his presence on the wing is missed but he gets involved, supports the ball carrier, and has stopped more tries than he's let in i bet. made another 1 on 1 the other night that would have left ashton with his feet in cemente like usual.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

i want to see Chris Nero at centre and Henry Fa'fili on the wing would love Wild back and Walker replacing bailey who goes into second row and a couple of props.

get rid of hock as he has been just awful this season. And has done nothing

Fletch,Withers,Millard,Ashton and DV all gone so salary cap eased to bring these players in

any takers?
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

how about brough as a stand in half back. has 2 legs can kick a ball great snap passer and can take the line on.