Briscoe

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Briscoe

Post by GeoffN »

Confirmed he's being released by Hull, and also confirmed, as I've been saying all along, that he's their second choice fullback behind Motu Tony.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 969351.stm

I really do hope the Wigan link is fallacious.

Banksy

Re: Briscoe

Post by Banksy »

Can some one with more knowledge on this player tell me Briscoe's strong points and weak points.
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Strong tackler and support player ideal fullback but will never be anything more than average
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Speed and positionaing a bi to be queried, not as good as Rads obviously thats why he left but i think this is going to force wigan to act pretty quick in pushing for a full back, as I reckon Huddersfield will be in for a shout for Briscoe...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Does no one think Briscoe will be the answer to our fullback problem? personally think we can do much better than Hulls second best.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Banksy posted:
Does no one think Briscoe will be the answer to our fullback problem? personally think we can do much better than Hulls second best.
I think Briscoe is the answer for Wigan, true he will never be Radlinski but remember Radlinkski was a very good player and it will be a few year before there is another as good as him.

There are many Hull FC fans who want Briscoe to stay and the only reason he is not playing is because he has been injured this season.

What are the other options;

- Brett Hodgson a 30 year old Australia yet another overseas player to add to Wigan's growing collection.

- Richie Mathers his defence is far worse than Briscoes.

- Paul Reilly too old and has been playing on the wing for most of this season.

BRING BACK BRISCOE
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

In favour of Briscoe he is a Wigan lad so his passion for the town and the club would be a great asset as many of our players lack passion and pride.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

hull kr are in the hunt for him as well.i think the decision will come down to brian noble and how well he rates him.i would like to see him back at wigan where he started his career.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

would love him back at wigan and now september the first is nearlly upon us we need to act quickly as soon as we are allowed to sign him up..........
Prest

Post by Prest »

I'd much rather have Briscoe over any aussie. But I think we'll sign a cheaper option such as Fitzpatrick. With Shaun settled in Hull, the Robins will be announcing he's signed for them come september, IMO.