If ever a match proved

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

If ever a match proved

Post by cpwigan »

The need for quality hookers then tonight was the night. Millaed actually set up a try BUT apart from that his passing was awful, he kept seeing gaps BUT could never get through them. Along comes Mickey Higham and instance difference, big breaks and decent service.
GeoffN

Re: If ever a match proved

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
The need for quality hookers then tonight was the night. Millaed actually set up a try BUT apart from that his passing was awful, he kept seeing gaps BUT could never get through them. Along comes Mickey Higham and instance difference, big breaks and decent service.
Spot on, cpw. That was a lovely pass to put Barrett away, but that was just about all he did all night. He tried scooting several times, and went nowhere slowly.
First time Higham tried it, he was away!

Sorry Shane, but I hope that injury is just bad enough to keep you out for the next two games.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

good try shane, s epped it up, you were ebtter but still not wigan standard. would maybe help a club like say a national league one side. say salford :lol:

lets have alker please

also, did you see milalrds side step? my jaw enarly cracked whislt hitting the floor :o
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
bertina

Post by bertina »

cpwigan posted:
Let's just hope the noise that the crowd made for Higham, along with the immediate improvement in our go forward, will finally convince mr. Noble to dispense with the services of millard for good.
As well as tonight proving a point in the hooking department, it also once again highlighted how little Leuluai contributes to the half back partnership. He never looks like giving a pass that might actually put someone away or create an opening.
I have been reserving judgement for a while, but am beginning to think he is going to be another flop.
I hope I am wrong, but there is little evidence at the moment to suggest otherwise.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
cpwigan posted:
Spot on, cpw. That was a lovely pass to put Barrett away, but that was just about all he did all night. He tried scooting several times, and went nowhere slowly.
First time Higham tried it, he was away!

Sorry Shane, but I hope that injury is just bad enough to keep you out for the next two games.
I agree with you both. I also noticed how he made several half breaks in the second half but was caught every time.

Higham got MoM and while Barrett was immense again I think Micky deserved it because he did IMO change the tempo of the game to one Salford,s could not live with. A good call to whoever picked Higham as MoM.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

bertina posted:
Let's just hope the noise that the crowd made for Higham, along with the immediate improvement in our go forward, will finally convince mr. Noble to dispense with the services of millard for good.
I hope so.
As well as tonight proving a point in the hooking department, it also once again highlighted how little Leuluai contributes to the half back partnership. He never looks like giving a pass that might actually put someone away or create an opening.
I have been reserving judgement for a while, but am beginning to think he is going to be another flop.
I hope I am wrong, but there is little evidence at the moment to suggest otherwise.
I agree with you here. I think TL was outplayed by Robinson in the first half and did little in the second half even though Robinson was not as effective.

Robinson was inventive, elusive, he ran at the line while TL does none of these things. Well OK he tried the latter when the game was won about twice. I also think he was at fault for the try the Salford No 3 scored and he has been vulnerable in defence in the left centre slot (where he hangs out) all season IMO.

Not convinced.

Dave
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

I agree TL is not cutting the mustard,

Bring back Danny Orr when the london guy takes over!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

phibes

Post by phibes »

I was OK with TL when we signed him, but have been disappointed with his lack of any creative scrum-half play through the season. He doesn't seem to realise that a scrum-half should create gaps as well just stepping and looking for them.

His style of play compared very poorly with Robinson last night, who isn't brilliant, but is what I'd call a 'natural' scrum-half. I could help wondering how Robinson would have looked in the current wigan side playing off Barrett.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

who ever said bring back danny orr, just one question. Why?
When Danny Orr played for wigan he played well for about 4 months out of about 3 years. TL is a 21 year old who will be a quality player in years to come for this club.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

We need a yappy little terrier we got a reliable collie. sorry to use a dog analogy but it fits