DV salary

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Re: DV salary

Post by pedro »

kevsev posted:
pedro posted:
sorry its £48k so I doubt it...your source isnt too good.
Source ????? Try reading the whole thread not my source

I said players negotiated in dollars and paid in pounds.

ie asked for $120k got paid £120k($285k)

If this is old news I apologise but I heard from a very good source from within the club that MO cocked up with DV's salary when he signed him and that is the reason he is currently the top earner at the club. DV demanded $120k a season, MO signed a contract to pay him £120k a season.Not sure about the exchange rate but isn't the aussie dollar double the pound? Nice one MO.

Maybe its you who should read it all as this was the original post I was replying too which states a "source" and the currency.
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

he's been better this season maybe because he's been injury free but he's not a fan fave and i'd much prefer to see a wigan or even an english lad at centre which hasbt happend at wigan for a while
To be the best
you have to beat the best
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

crookmeister posted:
yes i agree i 2 like david vaealiki he has just been unlucky at wigan tbh
You saying his poor form has just been down to luck?

Sorry, I think Wigan were the unlucky ones in this deal. Vaealiki will go home a very well set-up (financially) young (ish) man.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
kevsev

Post by kevsev »

pedro posted:
kevsev posted:
pedro posted:
sorry its £48k so I doubt it...your source isnt too good.
Source ????? Try reading the whole thread not my source

If this is old news I apologise but I heard from a very good source from within the club that MO cocked up with DV's salary when he signed him and that is the reason he is currently the top earner at the club. DV demanded $120k a season, MO signed a contract to pay him £120k a season.Not sure about the exchange rate but isn't the aussie dollar double the pound? Nice one MO.

Maybe its you who should read it all as this was the original post I was replying too which states a "source" and the currency.
I have, my mistake

Now you

The poster is making the point that DV when negotiating his contract was talking in Aussie Dollars And ML agreed and signed him in uk pounds.
OK the figure quoted might be wrong,

EXAMPLE

DV asked for say 300K (refering to Aussie dollars) = 126k uk pounds
ML agreed to pay him 300k (but paid it in uk pounds = 711k aussie dollars)

lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Who cares hes on loads of money and at the end of the season he wont not really worth the arguement.
pedro

Post by pedro »

kevsev posted:
pedro posted:
kevsev posted: Source ????? Try reading the whole thread not my source

I have, my mistake

Now you

The poster is making the point that DV when negotiating his contract was talking in Aussie Dollars And ML agreed and signed him in uk pounds.
OK the figure quoted might be wrong,

EXAMPLE

DV asked for say 300K (refering to Aussie dollars) = 126k uk pounds
ML agreed to pay him 300k (but paid it in uk pounds = 711k aussie dollars)

makes no sense...who cares hes garbage
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
I like David Vaealiki whereas many others dont.
You also don't like Scott Logan whereas many others do.

I see a trend here...

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

DaveO posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
I like David Vaealiki whereas many others dont.
You also don't like Scott Logan whereas many others do.

I see a trend here...

Dave
DV may be a nice bloke (I've never met him); he might even like Wigan - however he has been a total disappointment at Wigan.

He arrived at the club on a massive wage hailed as one of the best centres in the world. He leaves (if I understand correctly) to play RU in France (where he has probably bought a retirement home with the money he made here!) offering probably the worst value for money for any Wigan player in a decade.

Many players are identified by fans as "not being of Wigan standard". After seeing DV play for Wigan for such a large salary it was no wonder that we started signing players from NL1!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

we just need to face that wigan made the mistake of giving him a massive wage........

he came over if am right as he 3rd best centre in the world and would obviously get a high wage, he hasnt perfromedup to this year and we are getting rid of him........

were ever he goes he wont be on a half of his warriors wage so lets just say good ridance to old S**T........
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shawcross da warrior posted:
we just need to face that wigan made the mistake of giving him a massive wage........

he came over if am right as he 3rd best centre in the world and would obviously get a high wage, he hasnt perfromedup to this year and we are getting rid of him........
That is how we should view it. He is one player. It hasn't worked out and that is all there is too it.

The number of times he gets brought up as the reason why we should not sign test standard players and instead buy half a dozen average players is over the top.

Dave