Rugby leqague game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mackie

Rugby leqague game

Post by mackie »

has anyone got this game if so what do you think i have it and its pretty good for a first attempt
i am wigan till i die i know i am i'm sure i am i'm wigan till i die
gheinz

Re: Rugby leqague game

Post by gheinz »

I live in Wolverhampton and cant find a copy of the game anywhere,ive heard its really good, can anyone help!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

hey.. i live in wolvo to!! good to see a fellow midland warrior!
tried EVERYwhere since last thursday.. it should have been out last friday.. but no one has it, i even phoned game again last night & they said it should be out today, but they haven`t hadany copies.. & that was at both wolves & merry hill branches..
i think it is cos we are in the midlands that we are having trouble getting it,...
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

The release date was put back till today, hopefully my copy will be on the mat when i get home. You could order from the suppliers www.rlgame.com or i did see it advertised on www.amazon.co.uk though it had disappeared last time i looked.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

still no joy in any of the local game branches..
i guess we will have to try & order offline.. has anyone actually purchased one from a store?? or have they all been via the net??

there is also a waiting time at gameplay.co.uk which seems to me, that there is a limited stock...

& i think that superleague game is quite old dors.. remember seeing it for the pc a few back..... but i hate playing games on this darn thing!! lol
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Oooops sorry, thought it was too good to be true.
There's a similar thread on rlfans.com on the Wigan forum why not try there you can always PM some of the lads who already have a copy for a bit of extra help. Good luck
warriors

Post by warriors »

i live in preston, an i sore it in game 2day.
i was goin to get it,then i saw for sale, a DVD RW. So i got that insted. :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I want this game too. Hopefully someone has got it for me for Xmas!.
Not likely though, I saw this story at TotalRL.com :( :
"The UK distributor of the new Super League computer game, which has proved almost impossible to buy, says it’s not his fault.

Fans have found the Playstation 2 version of the game hard to find in shops, even if they pre-ordered weeks ago, while distributor Alternative Software admit the PC and X-Box versions, released last Friday, will also fly off the shelves.
But Alternative’s Roger Hulley says Rugby League’s image is to blame - with national retailers under-ordering because they didn’t think the game would sell.
A second shipment is expected to be in the shops in January."
Full story at:

http://www.totalrugbyleague.com/cgi-bin ... 744,74599,
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Enjoyable game once you start to get the hang of it and start zipping passes along the line. A few things happen that you can't control, such as head high tackles and off sides, but the computer seems to be pretty even handed with the awards of these.

I started with a 10 minute game and won 2-0 with a penalty with the last kick of the match, but didn't score a try for 3 games! Just beaten Canberra in their own back yard. A masterful exhibition of how to control a game in the pouring rain.

Some things don't change however. Poor Brian Carney's been subjected to too many head high tackles for my liking.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)