Jamie Peacock

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
tom g

Jamie Peacock

Post by tom g »

At the beginning of this season there was talk of Peacock coming but "not this season". Just wondering whether or not that has been forgotten about or whether it may possibly materialise.
ultimate warrior

Re: Jamie Peacock

Post by ultimate warrior »

I hope not, for the money he would demand, I dont think he would be worth it. He may be a good player, but he is not as good as a few years ago. Think the massive wedge he would demand could be much better spent else where.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

ultimate warrior posted:
I hope not, for the money he would demand, I dont think he would be worth it. He may be a good player, but he is not as good as a few years ago. Think the massive wedge he would demand could be much better spent else where.
This is mainly due to the way he has been utilized as a prop rather than second row. If he were to sign and play second row he would be an excellent signing, but I think it would be very unlikely.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

We cant beat teams like Hull KR to signings anymore. if peacock came available i'm afraid to say it were not the draw we once were. Hull saints and leeds will be the sides fighting it out for names like peacock. were in the coley league now .
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hawkeye posted:
We cant beat teams like Hull KR to signings anymore. if peacock came available i'm afraid to say it were not the draw we once were. Hull saints and leeds will be the sides fighting it out for names like peacock. were in the coley league now .
That's simply not true.

We may not be the "great" that we once were - but we are still a draw for players - because we are still the biggest team in RL.

We have missed out on King due to the ridiculous amount of money they were prepared to pay him. Webster would have been a good addition; however we don't know how much he was being paid; or who else we are currently lining up.

Last season we signed one of the best players in the world in Trent Barrett - so we must still have some allure to players...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Hawkeye posted:
No i agree totally. We are always left with crap like Fielden, Luluai, Higham and that overrated hasbeen from St George Trent Barrett.

After all HKR academy side are better than them. :blush:
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

thegimble posted:
Hawkeye posted:
No i agree totally. We are always left with crap like Fielden, Luluai, Higham and that overrated hasbeen from St George Trent Barrett.

I agree with some of the names here but not barrett or higham,

Higham and barrett are the only two players who get the rest of the team motivated you can see the team lift and speed up when higham is on,and his passion is there for everyone to see,

If it wern't for barrett we would have lost a few more games this season, he got us a point away to quins,he might not be 24 anymore but he can still come up with the goods.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ste lord posted:
thegimble posted:
Hawkeye posted:

I agree with some of the names here but not barrett or higham,

Higham and barrett are the only two players who get the rest of the team motivated you can see the team lift and speed up when higham is on,and his passion is there for everyone to see,

If it wern't for barrett we would have lost a few more games this season, he got us a point away to quins,he might not be 24 anymore but he can still come up with the goods.
Your sarcasm detector isn't working...

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Whoops,

I will wind my neck in HA HA

ste

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Jamie Peacock IF avalable, sign him end of conversation.