What does "IMO" mean?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
BriH

What does "IMO" mean?

Post by BriH »

Sorry if I sound like a prat but what does IMO mean?
ince warrior

Re: What does "IMO" ...

Post by ince warrior »

In my opinion. :cool:
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
DaveO

Re: What does "IMO" ...

Post by DaveO »

It is an acronym and as previously posted stands for In My Opinion.

It originates from Usenet (I think) as do many more such as IIRC - If I recall Correctly or ROTFL "Rolls on the floor laughing"

The acronyms originated because when Usenet first started plenty of people were using old fashioned teletypes on very slow speed lines so it speeded things up. Typing BTW for By The Way was much quicker on the old kit.

They also came about to try and prevent misunderstanding and keep things polite. So if you precede something with "IMO" then it does not come across you stating some fact.

So "IMO Coley is rubbish" would be considered better etiquette than just saying "Coley is rubbish".

These acronyms are NOT text speak. Text speak is evil and a totally different thing. (That's not my opinion by the way its a fact :lol:).

Dave
turf

Re: What does "IMO&qu...

Post by turf »

IMO = In My Opinion! :D

Hope this helps! :D
jayde_hates_longy

Re: What does "IMO&am...

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

IN MY OPINION!
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
mike binder

Re: What does "IMO&qu...

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
It is an acronym and as previously posted stands for In My Opinion.

It originates from Usenet (I think) as do many more such as IIRC - If I recall Correctly or ROTFL "Rolls on the floor laughing"

The acronyms originated because when Usenet first started plenty of people were using old fashioned teletypes on very slow speed lines so it speeded things up. Typing BTW for By The Way was much quicker on the old kit.

They also came about to try and prevent misunderstanding and keep things polite. So if you precede something with "IMO" then it does not come across you stating some fact.

So "IMO Coley is rubbish" would be considered better etiquette than just saying "Coley is rubbish".

These acronyms are NOT text speak. Text speak is evil and a totally different thing. (That's not my opinion by the way its a fact :lol:).

Dave
i though it was an easy ? till i read your answer :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

it toook me agess to work it out as many of u know iam nt a bright spark hehe!!!
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

IMO means in my opinion

how many people have said it now! :lol: :lol:
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

IMO txt talk suks.
Bear

Post by Bear »

raotflmfaotigbitfadoloo

Im sad but here is what it stands for :lol:
Rolling around on the floor laughing my effin A**e off till i go blue in the face and die of lack of oxygen :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!