New players

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: New players

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
id buy a dictionary 4 da txt spkrs

anyways, looks like the McLinden rumour is gathering pace with Lenegan taking control and bring him with him... now, Joe Lydon, what will happen here????
The McLinden rumour was started by a fan on rlfans based on absolutely nothing. No so called insider saying we were after him or anything. It is totally unfounded on anything as far as I can see.

As to Joe Lydon coming with Lenagen and being appointed chairman (which was in the Times) I think, well give me a break.

Since when has Lydon gained any experience of running an RL club?

Dave
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

More signings are on the way(BBC):

"Club chairman Maurice Lindsay, who is in hospital recovering from minor surgery, promised fans more signings would be on their way even though he was leaving the club at the end of the season."
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

Mclinden would be great, Half back cover as well as a fullback same as fitzpatrick. We need a centre aswell as a fullback and idealy another forward (coley replaces fletch)
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

chrisJJ posted:
Mclinden would be great, Half back cover as well as a fullback same as fitzpatrick. We need a centre aswell as a fullback and idealy another forward (coley replaces fletch)

Well speaking of centres I know walker isn't on the Bath 08 team photo.could mean he's moving anywere but with the rumours of him coming to wigan you always think :)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Hawkeye posted:
chrisJJ posted:

Well speaking of centres I know walker isn't on the Bath 08 team photo.could mean he's moving anywere but with the rumours of him coming to wigan you always think :)
so thats why your called Hawkeye :lol: Good spot. They still have a profile of him though
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Warrior Attack posted:
I have it on good authority that Mclinden will be joing us from London as well as Nathan Hindmarsh and Greg Ingliss you heard it here first folks
I will find out in roughly 35 days if Hindmarsh and Ingliss are realistic. I have a work buddy out here who used to play for Cronulla Sharks youth team, and still has top contacts. He did say that Ingliss is unlikely as he has strong family ties back home. Hindmarsh was born in bonny Cumbria, or Cumberland as it was at the time. What a coup, "Nathan Hindmarsh of Wigan & Great Britain". Good ring to it.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Hindmarsh would be an excellent signing! He's a superb defender, strong on hit-ups, and usually plays the full 80 mins.

Just wonder if he'd be prepared to give up his Aussie test place.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

What about Jarryd Hayne for full back? Hindmarsh is a quality player and would be a quality second rower to replace Flecher, This guy tackles untill he pukes.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN posted:
Hindmarsh would be an excellent signing! He's a superb defender, strong on hit-ups, and usually plays the full 80 mins.

Just wonder if he'd be prepared to give up his Aussie test place.
He is English born Geoff. Originally from the Workington area, and still has family there. Red, White and Blue colours maybe next. Sweet dreams if it was.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I thought Hindmarsh was born in Bowral, New South Wales, Australia and he has represented New South Wales and Australia.