(HOT NEWS) Barrett V Noble

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

(HOT NEWS) Barrett V Noble

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Barrett V Noble

Not any info for a while and then this comes my way; as usual it’s up to you if you want to take it on board!

Firstly Edwards and Lydon are to get involved with Wigan again but that’s news everyone must now know.

Barrett is not happy with Noble, he has had talks with the board and Noble about our defensive patterns with the main point being and it was not put across exactly like this but here goes. Noble does not know how to defend against a team.

Yes, big talks have been taking place with Noble not to happy about the situation, Barrett has said he wants to get involved more with the defensive patterns and would look forward to working along side someone else to resolve this problem. Edwards name has been mentioned on more than one occasion.

(Not confirmed) Noble will not see out his contract at Wigan, but these matters are serious and will be resolved one way or another.

The last thing that came out of a number of meetings was and it is imperative for all parties that harmony and business as usual must be portrayed at all times.

gpartin

Re: (HOT NEWS) Barrett V ...

Post by gpartin »

pieater-alex posted:
We have the 4th best defense in the league dont we?

Noble is doing a great job for me and if Barrett is questionning the coach and getting arrogant I don't care how good he is get shut of him.

Brett Kenny a legend in many eyes but didn't he once throw a game against st.helens. He came out in the aussie media and said so, Edwards hates his guts for that.

If Barrett wants to get all high and mighty and arrogant then get shut of him regardless of his ability.
Totally agree although it depends how his views are raised. If Barrett is making suggestions he feels are for the good of the club then thats a good thing, the problems arise when players start stamping their feet and demanding control.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ragman

Post by ragman »

Barrett, if this is true, is simply doing what a top class senior player should do, and voice his opinion and give the benefit of experience.

As I've said before, I am not a Noble fan, and I completely agree that we cannot defend as a unit. Formation-wise, and this includes attack as well as defence, we are less than the sum of our parts - and that can only be a coach's fault.

Noble may be a great man-manager, and a motivator, but I believe that he is way off being a tactician.

As I've said all along, I would love to be proved wrong, but on the terraces, and even on this forum, I sense that people are beginning to question Nobles god-like status that he enjoys with some people.

I am not wanting to become WNAC mkII, and I think that Noble needs to be given more time yet, but I also think that if he can't take on board constructive criticism, and embrace the help and advice of others at the club, then we are not going to progress under his reign.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:angry: Firstly, Brett Kenny did not throw that Prem P/O match
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

My opinion of Noble is mixed. I like him as a person. I think he looks like the sort of person you would be happy to work with. I always thought his defensive formations were reasonable. To me defence is equally about attitude. Melboune Storm have the best defence in the NRL and that is down to their players getting off the 10 yard mark quicker/further than any other team before have to then pause and adjust to their opponents. Attack has always concerned me. It is very poor. Hull were better with the ball than we have ever been simply because they had a 3rd phase to their plays. So for example. A player took it to the line dropped off to a runner back on the inside who then immediately passed to a team mate hitting a hole. We never reach that 3rd stage.

My worry is that what you see with Nobby is no different from what he has been doing 2,3,4,5 years ago. If you stop looking for new ideas, you stand still as a coach/team. Should players have an input? Yes. They always have done. Lowe and Monie welcomed players views. It becomes a problem if having given their views, the players then cannot accept what the coach finally decides.
ragman

Post by ragman »

cpwigan posted:
My opinion of Noble is mixed. I like him as a person. I think he looks like the sort of person you would be happy to work with. I always thought his defensive formations were reasonable. To me defence is equally about attitude. Melboune Storm have the best defence in the NRL and that is down to their players getting off the 10 yard mark quicker/further than any other team before have to then pause and adjust to their opponents. Attack has always concerned me. It is very poor. Hull were better with the ball than we have ever been simply because they had a 3rd phase to their plays. So for example. A player took it to the line dropped off to a runner back on the inside who then immediately passed to a team mate hitting a hole. We never reach that 3rd stage.

My worry is that what you see with Nobby is no different from what he has been doing 2,3,4,5 years ago. If you stop looking for new ideas, you stand still as a coach/team. Should players have an input? Yes. They always have done. Lowe and Monie welcomed players views. It becomes a problem if having given their views, the players then cannot accept what the coach finally decides.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

Excellent post
Cruncher

Re: (HOT NEWS) Barrett V Nobl...

Post by Cruncher »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Barrett V Noble

Not any info for a while and then this comes my way; as usual it’s up to you if you want to take it on board!

Firstly Edwards and Lydon are to get involved with Wigan again but that’s news everyone must now know.

Barrett is not happy with Noble, he has had talks with the board and Noble about our defensive patterns with the main point being and it was not put across exactly like this but here goes. Noble does not know how to defend against a team.

Yes, big talks have been taking place with Noble not to happy about the situation, Barrett has said he wants to get involved more with the defensive patterns and would look forward to working along side someone else to resolve this problem. Edwards name has been mentioned on more than one occasion.

(Not confirmed) Noble will not see out his contract at Wigan, but these matters are serious and will be resolved one way or another.

The last thing that came out of a number of meetings was and it is imperative for all parties that harmony and business as usual must be portrayed at all times.
So, do we read into your final paragraph, WW, that there is a general will to put all these things right, or are we yet again heading for a big fall out involving players and coaching staff?
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

cpwigan posted:

as iv said before maybe noble is starting to get found out now! at bradford he had a massive pack and a big set of backs at wigan he has neither! it was always up the middle with bradford and bash there way through. he cant do that here because the team isnt big enough to do that!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If things have got to the stage where Barrett and Noble have fallen out big time it really is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for Barret having to play in this side. Without him we would be where Salford are now is my view.

If it got to the stage where it was one or the other had to go then my bet would be Noble as the fans would riot if Barrett went.

Who is more crucial to the team? Noble or Barrett and I would have to say Barrett.

Dave
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

DaveO posted:
If things have got to the stage where Barrett and Noble have fallen out big time it really is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for Barret having to play in this side. Without him we would be where Salford are now is my view.

If it got to the stage where it was one or the other had to go then my bet would be Noble as the fans would riot if Barrett went.

Who is more crucial to the team? Noble or Barrett and I would have to say Barrett.

Dave
I agree with your comment regarding feeling sorry for Barrett having to play in this team of loser. If anyone knows anything about rugby they would know that Barrett is in a league of is own. I wish people would stop thinking the likes of Locker, Hock, Fielden, Millard, Calderwood Bailey and so on are any good, THEY ARE NOT!

Lets be honest here we have one fantastic player in the team and nothing more, talk about a one man team!

What would this guy be like in the snake team?