who are we rumoured to sign??????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Cruncher

Re: who are we rumoured to...

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
Matthew posted:
I can't see how KR can spend the full amount of the cap - they aren't exactly the best supported club in SL

Been best supportered has nothing to do with it anymore. Sides have poor attendances but can have good sponsoship deals. Or as Quins had they were getting money by the owner to make up the difference.
The other thing is that the 50% rule has gone out of the salary cap. So even if HKR could only (say) spend £1.2m this season they will be able to spend up to the full cap limit of £1.65 in 2008.

Even so I think the point is that the players they are signing would be tough to fit in a full £1.65m cap anyway.

Dave
When does this overspend prevention measure kick in? I thought it was supposed to be in time for 2008.

It'd be hilarious if next season was about to start and Rovers were suddenly summoned to the RFL, who then went down their squad list saying: "You can't have him, you can't have him, you can't have him ..."

Joking aside though, with all the players they've bought and are allegedly lining up, they do give the impression that they don't understand the SC system at all. How do they think they've going to manage this?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
Matthew posted:
I can't see how KR can spend the full amount of the cap - they aren't exactly the best supported club in SL

Been best supportered has nothing to do with it anymore. Sides have poor attendances but can have good sponsoship deals. Or as Quins had they were getting money by the owner to make up the difference.
The other thing is that the 50% rule has gone out of the salary cap. So even if HKR could only (say) spend £1.2m this season they will be able to spend up to the full cap limit of £1.65 in 2008.

Even so I think the point is that the players they are signing would be tough to fit in a full £1.65m cap anyway.

Dave
I do suspect that they are letting a few go from the present squad. If not then they are screwed.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

thegimble posted:
DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:

Dave
I do suspect that they are letting a few go from the present squad. If not then they are screwed.
They're going to need to let them all go at this rate, and that of course isn't always a straightforward matter.
Warriors07

Re: who are we rumoured to sig...

Post by Warriors07 »

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chev_Walker
Says on here walker has signed 3 year deal with us. Also on the side his current club is wigan. Dont know if any of this is true.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Have heard off some press that we are interested in signing Christopher Selby, fullback/centre or winger...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

ancientnloyal posted:
Have heard off some press that we are interested in signing Christopher Selby, fullback/centre or winger...
who? :eusa16: :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Warriors07 posted:
Says on here walker has signed 3 year deal with us. Also on the side his current club is wigan. Dont know if any of this is true.
The only thing I'd say is that, since this alteration was made to Walker's Wikipedia entry, Rovers fans have become quite adamant that they've stepped in at the last moment and pinched him off us. They say it will be announced on Thursday.

I don't know whether I believe it or not, but it's got a worryingly familiar ring to it.

For the record, they also say they'll shortly be announcing the signings of three more Aussies - Crossman, Newton and FitzHenry.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

think this / would be better who are we not rumoured to be signing
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Cruncher posted:
Warriors07 posted:
The only thing I'd say is that, since this alteration was made to Walker's Wikipedia entry, Rovers fans have become quite adamant that they've stepped in at the last moment and pinched him off us. They say it will be announced on Thursday.

I don't know whether I believe it or not, but it's got a worryingly familiar ring to it.

For the record, they also say they'll shortly be announcing the signings of three more Aussies - Crossman, Newton and FitzHenry.
there only allowed 3 aussies not 6
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

mike binder posted:
there only allowed 3 aussies not 6
But they are allowed ten overseas players. Just like we can register ten overseas - if we could be bothered!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!