logan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jimmybob2006

logan

Post by jimmybob2006 »

See that our ex prop Scott Logan as been named the player of the season. Great prop sadley missed at Wigan. :(
ancientnloyal

Re: logan

Post by ancientnloyal »

I didnt rate him much at Wigan to be fair... but... people who 'know better than me' will disagree with me and their opinions are correct I may add.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

He was a good player, gave away a few too many penalties but was a difficult player to stop so kept the opposition forwards working hard when Feka was off the pitch.

Wigan would have done even better with Logan still at the club and the lack of a decent third forward has resulting in Fielden's poor form.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
I didnt rate him much at Wigan to be fair... but... people who 'know better than me' will disagree with me and their opinions are correct I may add.
Still smarting from being laughed out of court on rlfans I see :lol:

For good reason I may add.

Dave
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be honest i never felt he performed to his full potential at wigan, thats not to under-estimate the contribution he made but thought he could have been better.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Started as a popgun prop and took along time to find his feet. However he became a really effective destructive prop and boy have we missed him this year!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

he is an old fashioned prop, he runs the ball in hard and offloads. he was a great addition and i feel this is one reason why feilden hasnt been as effective this season.

we've missed him.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

sorry but feilden hasn't been good because feilden hasn't been good! he is crap and stealing a living!. DV is making more yard hell colbon makes better drives than glass jaw feilden.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

fielden ahs been doing better recently if you'd open your eyes to see.

fielden benefits from having bigger forwards around him so they can take pressure off. he has o'carroll and prescott, and no offense tot hem, they aren't the sort of forwards fielden would look to to take some of the work load off him.

at bradford he had a huge pack. andy lynch went off, on came vagana or the big fella with ginger hair that they used to have. as soon as feka goes off, hes doing the work of two props because eamon and prescott, yes they have bright futures, but arent yet at the stage to compete against the best teams in the league.

which leaves fielden doing even more work than when he had another big guy to look to.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
Started as a popgun prop and took along time to find his feet. However he became a really effective destructive prop and boy have we missed him this year!!!
I look at it this way. Logan took half a season to become a very effective prop for Wigan. Craig Smith took longer than that. In the backs Richard took a season to find his feet and our scrum half seems to be taking the same amount of time.

When someone criticises players such as TL they are often told to give them the benefit of the doubt as it is their first season.

Given Logan took merely half a season to get up steam which is quicker than any of those players, I fail to see why people have to quality their praise of Logan. (I am not accusing you of this BTW).

He was IMO effective far more quickly than many of our fondly remembered imports such as C Smith.

Dave