Hull KR sign Chev Walker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Hull KR sign Chev Walk...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
lucky 13 posted:
I think he will go to HKR and if he does its not the end of the world but we will find out tomorrow he is a good SL standard player but not worth getting upset about we may have a surprise or two yet with our signings would imagine the new owners would want to get the fans on side :wink:
Well here is a quote from the Sporting Life Web site:

"Wigan, who were the front-runners to land Walker, also lost out to Rovers in the hunt for Briscoe and are thought to have been beaten by Huddersfield for signature of Salford winger David Hodgson."

What in earth is going on? Not only can we not sign star players like King we can't sign average players either.

Dave
Well I'm totally confused now! Nobby told me personally we had signed him and that it was at his instigation!!

Could it be a mistake by Sky or could Nobby have jumped the gun in telling me, believing that it was all done and dusted?

If we have lost him I for one will be disappointed. I don't understand how there are so many who are against this signing. He's only 24 and would stll be in the GB squad if he hadn't gone to the dark side. :conf:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
lucky 13 posted:
I think he will go to HKR and if he does its not the end of the world but we will find out tomorrow he is a good SL standard player but not worth getting upset about we may have a surprise or two yet with our signings would imagine the new owners would want to get the fans on side :wink:

"Wigan, who were the front-runners to land Walker, also lost out to Rovers in the hunt for Briscoe and are thought to have been beaten by Huddersfield for signature of Salford winger David Hodgson."

What in earth is going on? Not only can we not sign star players like King we can't sign average players either.

Dave
Well I'm totally confused now! Nobby told me personally we had signed him and that it was at his instigation!!

Could it be a mistake by Sky or could Nobby have jumped the gun in telling me, believing that it was all done and dusted?

If we have lost him I for one will be disappointed. I don't understand how there are so many who are against this signing. He's only 24 and would stll be in the GB squad if he hadn't gone to the dark side. :conf:
We've been gazumped. That's all there is to it.

We were gazumped with Hodgson too, though I'm less concerned about that one - from what I hear Hudds have offered him, they want their heads examining.
bertina

Post by bertina »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
lucky 13 posted:

Dave

It's on the BBC sport website now. Chev Walker looks like returning to RL with HKR.
Another one bites the dust!!
I am just hoping that there are DECENT signings in the bag for us that are yet to be announced, but I won't hold my breath.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

bertina posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave

It's on the BBC sport website now. Chev Walker looks like returning to RL with HKR.
Another one bites the dust!!
I am just hoping that there are DECENT signings in the bag for us that are yet to be announced, but I won't hold my breath.
But we won't have a "decent" centre lined up, will we, if we thought we had Walker in the bag! If this is true we are now looking into an ever reducing pool for new players next year.

I have an awful feeling there is a panic buy just around the corner.... :(
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

the bbc sport website says kr are the likley club to sign just like we where the likeley club to sign matt king
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
We've been gazumped. That's all there is to it.
I doubt it. If as JJ says Nobby was convinced it was a done deal then terms would have been agreed with thte player or why would Nobby say that?

The hold up in him being announced as a Wigan player was being reported in the press as the fact Bath wanted a fee for a player contracted to them for two more years but Wigan were not paying.

If HKR stepped in and said "here is the transfer fee" then Bath would be only too pleased to tell Wigan where to go because I am sure Bath felt entitled to a fee.

If you think this was another case of Wigan not being prepared to pay high wages for a player I think you are clutching at straws IMO.

Dave

lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I think everybody had better look on teletext and its all over there that Chev Walker is joining Hull KR today and will be unveiled this afternoon, This is a very sad day for Wigan Warriors if we cant outbid HULL KR we have no hope of any quality players for next year.

At the moment i am the most fickle supporter Wigan Warriors has ever had, Manchester United Supporers Club has got nowt on me at the moment.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

walker is going to HKR, believe it.

It's on skysports news.

press conf today.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im sure we can do better than Chev he hasnt played League in a year although he has still got the quality, im sure we will bring in someone who's been consistant over the last season or two
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

maybe so, just shows that players only care about money :)

bring on matt cooper.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------