nobby going at end of season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: nobby going at end of ...

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
simmy1 posted:
he says its all down to who is going to pay for new signings before deal has been done to buy club dw or new owners
The new owners will be in power in a week or two and DW will be gone. Why on Earth would they have a big row about it at this late stage?

Possibly it's going to cost us the Chev Walker signing because maybe there was a dispute about the transfer fee, but if it does, it's hardly the end of the world.
If this is true it is getting ridiculous. While we need to sign at least two class players next season we need to also sign players like Walker.

It has been no loss to miss out on Briscoe either but that will only remain to tbe be the case if we do actually manage to sign a fullback. The same goes for Walker.

If the reason Walker has gone to Bath is because Wigan were not prepared to pay a fee then what does this say about our current and prospectuve new owners?

It tells me DW is not the supporter we thought. He may have had to stump up a £100K transfer fee but so what if he is such a fan of the club? It is small change to him.

If he wasn't going to do it then why would Mo not ask Lenegan? And why would Lenegan not make it known funds were available for signings? Does he want to inherit this seasons squad plus Coley and minus Fletcher and DV? because at the moment that looks to be what he is getting.
On the same subject, does Brian Noble threaten to walk every time he doesn't get his own way? If you believe everything the 'insiders' say, he's threatened to walk four or five times this season already, yet funnily enough he's still here. And where is he going to go to - the dole? No-one else in SL needs a coach at present.
While you or I may not resign a job without another one to go to that does not always apply in professional sport. If Nobby feels he has no chance of getting anywhere next season he may well feel his reputation as a coach is better served by simply not being involved with a club facing life at the foot of the table.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
Cruncher posted:
simmy1 posted:
he says its all down to who is going to pay for new signings before deal has been done to buy club dw or new owners
The new owners will be in power in a week or two and DW will be gone. Why on Earth would they have a big row about it at this late stage?

Possibly it's going to cost us the Chev Walker signing because maybe there was a dispute about the transfer fee, but if it does, it's hardly the end of the world.
If this is true it is getting ridiculous. While we need to sign at least two class players next season we need to also sign players like Walker.

It has been no loss to miss out on Briscoe either but that will only remain to tbe be the case if we do actually manage to sign a fullback. The same goes for Walker.

If the reason Walker has gone to Bath is because Wigan were not prepared to pay a fee then what does this say about our current and prospectuve new owners?

It tells me DW is not the supporter we thought. He may have had to stump up a £100K transfer fee but so what if he is such a fan of the club? It is small change to him.

If he wasn't going to do it then why would Mo not ask Lenegan? And why would Lenegan not make it known funds were available for signings? Does he want to inherit this seasons squad plus Coley and minus Fletcher and DV? because at the moment that looks to be what he is getting.
On the same subject, does Brian Noble threaten to walk every time he doesn't get his own way? If you believe everything the 'insiders' say, he's threatened to walk four or five times this season already, yet funnily enough he's still here. And where is he going to go to - the dole? No-one else in SL needs a coach at present.
While you or I may not resign a job without another one to go to that does not always apply in professional sport. If Nobby feels he has no chance of getting anywhere next season he may well feel his reputation as a coach is better served by simply not being involved with a club facing life at the foot of the table.

Dave
Maybe he'll go to Hull KR?

With the team they're now building, I can't see them wearing someone like Justin Morgan for much longer. They'll want someone with a bit of elan.

Giving it serious thought, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

And you're definitely right about one thing - unless this hand-over is completed soon (it didn't take this long for Britain to give Hong Kong back to China), we're going to be crippled for next season.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

please dont all jump on me and start iling me but i would deffinatly want to know the odds for noble going before the new season starts because you cant be sure what lennegan thinks of him and what he actually thinks of him i mean not what he says in the papers to keep us all smug.........
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Cant see Nobby going unless he resigns new owner wont pay him up if he couldnt give Bath a transfer fee for Chev Walker .Nobby said that it was his biggest challenge ever coming to Wigan to sort it out and he does not look the chappie to walk away from a challenge .Nobby is in close contact with Leneghan if you read the news report on this site .
MO and Whelan dont care anymore about the club they have washed their dirty hands from us.
I hope Leneghan will come up with a top class player to please the fans here.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

jaws1 posted:
I hope Leneghan will come up with a top class player to please the fans here.
Don't get your hopes up, Lindsey might have made some bad signing but he had the ambition to try and get some highly rated players....its rejects from now on.

chrisJJ

Re: nobby going at end of seas...

Post by chrisJJ »

simmy1 posted:
my sons best mates brother works at jjb..
anything with a relation that odd is unlikey to be true :lol: well thats what i'm hoping :blush:
To be the best
you have to beat the best
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Fujiman posted:
lucky 13 posted:
To my way of thinking there is no way DW will spend on WRL for a trans fare fee, if its a contract that would not matter as it would pass to the new owner , that would clearly explain why Coley has been signed and his name released as he is out of contract so no money needs to be paid , It could however explain the hold up in the Walker deal as the RU want a fee and maybe HKR are in a better position at this time to sort things out , he is a good SL player but not a world beater if it happens its a decent signing if it falls through not the end of the world .
I agree and if he signs for HKR then good luck to him but he's not the type of player we want. We want players who want to sign for the team and not money being the overriding factor in their decision

thing is fujiman thats how it is now!at the end of the day its his job and he's gotta make a living!are you telling me that if wigan had'nt offered barrett the contract he's on now then he'd have still come to wigan because of his desire to play for the club??dont get me wrong im glad he's here but if it wernt for the money he's beening paid then i doubt we'd be seeing him in the cherry and white!
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
simmy1 posted:
my sons best mates brother works at jjb in offices says he has heard nobby is off at end of this season due restrictions on who he can for next season to much politics between mo and whealn and new owners says whelan been like a bear with sore head all week nobbys got players he wants but noone will stump up the cash to get them..........has anyone else heard this is happening

Go and loose yourself!

Actually....yes he is going at the end of the season, he told us this at the riversiders meeting. He`s going to Aus! :D SO yeah your brothers, son`s, sister`s, boyfriend`s uncle is right.
he did say hre would be back for pre season trainning though
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

these are exciting times for wigan warriors. new owner,franchise deals,record support for the team, no way and manager would walk away from it.i dont think we will sign anyone of importance until the new owned arrives and has a talk with nobby. but it will come and wigan warriors future is looking very bright indeed.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

the grinch posted:
these are exciting times for wigan warriors. new owner,franchise deals,record support for the team, no way and manager would walk away from it.i dont think we will sign anyone of importance until the new owned arrives and has a talk with nobby. but it will come and wigan warriors future is looking very bright indeed.
Good lad stay positive :eusa2:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!