nobby going at end of season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
adiddy

Re: nobby going at end of ...

Post by adiddy »

When Nobby first came to Wigan, didnt he say he would need a season or two to get a team together he thought would be capable of competing for honours? Last season we were lucky to escape the relegation zone, this year even with the so called team of useless unmotivated players we are in the top six and would have been 4th (not the players fault for the deduction)! Nobby is showing us what a good coach he is! And Im sure we will get the signings we want, lets stop giving grief and getting worked up, and give the new board time to get in and talk to Noble! Next year we will be higher up the table!!!

Matt
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

adiddy posted:
When Nobby first came to Wigan, didnt he say he would need a season or two to get a team together he thought would be capable of competing for honours? Last season we were lucky to escape the relegation zone, this year even with the so called team of useless unmotivated players we are in the top six and would have been 4th (not the players fault for the deduction)! Nobby is showing us what a good coach he is! And Im sure we will get the signings we want, lets stop giving grief and getting worked up, and give the new board time to get in and talk to Noble! Next year we will be higher up the table!!!

Matt
Quite right. It's frankly ludicrous to be writing off the new owner before he's even taken office. These are the dying days of the old regime. Whelan's unlikely to be interested, while Lindsay knows that, at best, he's only got a couple of weeks left in the chair - it's no wonder there's an element of disorganisation.

Look at the positives - great ground, massive crowds, top 4 material if we hadn't been deducted points, and our reputed new owner a successful multi-millionaire businessman who's also a Wigan fanatic.

Let's wait and see. Our season may end tonight, but if it does, all that really means is that our new owners can take office even sooner. And then, with luck, things will finally start to happen.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Its great to see so many people being positive but im still sat on the fence with this one i dont know what to expect.Change was inevatable as we were slipping away but Nobby has brought a mediocure side to just above medeocure and if theres improvement so let it continue.
I just feel the comings and goings in the background is hindering the possibility of new signings for next year but then again Saints and Leeds have signed nobody so this gives me hope.

This is why im sat on the fence :) :)
jimofwigan

Re: nobby going at end of seas...

Post by jimofwigan »

simmy1 posted:
my sons best mates brother works at jjb in offices says he has heard nobby is off at end of this season due restrictions on who he can for next season to much politics between mo and whealn and new owners says whelan been like a bear with sore head all week nobbys got players he wants but noone will stump up the cash to get them..........has anyone else heard this is happening
Just posted on another thread Nobby has been offered an extension to his contract. This from a very good source
emperor kel

Post by emperor kel »

told on Friday night by someone in corporate hospitality that Noble and Leneghan had had massive row because Leneghan had refused to sanction two signings that Noble had tied up.
May not look good for the future if true
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

emperor kel posted:
told on Friday night by someone in corporate hospitality that Noble and Leneghan had had massive row because Leneghan had refused to sanction two signings that Noble had tied up.
But, seeing as Lenighan isn't exactly in charge yet. He is hardly going to authorise (or not) any new signings or releases.

This is a little like the Michael Knighton incident with Manchester United many years ago imo.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

butt monkey posted:
emperor kel posted:
But, seeing as Lenighan isn't exactly in charge yet. He is hardly going to authorise (or not) any new signings or releases.

This is a little like the Michael Knighton incident with Manchester United many years ago imo.

Well, according that bastian of journalistic quality that is the WEP, its Leneghan who pulled the plug on the signing of Chav, so feel free to read whatever you want to betwen the lines, but i suspect this this story may have legs! :conf:
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J posted:
Well, according that bastian of journalistic quality that is the WEP, its Leneghan who pulled the plug on the signing of Chav, so feel free to read whatever you want to betwen the lines, but i suspect this this story may have legs! :conf:
The article from the web says:

"Meanwhile, new Wigan owner-in-waiting Ian Lenagan is believed to have made his first policy decision after agreeing in principle to take over the club.

Lenagan – thought to be calling some of the shots behind the scenes – is reported to have baulked at the prospect of signing former Leeds centre Chev Walker from Bath after the rugby union club demanded a £100,000 transfer fee."

See related news for the full link.

Jinkin' Jimmy has posted several times that Noble told him personally that Walker had signed so I have long thought the only obstacle to it was the fee being asked. That has been reported in the news previously as well.

So if Lenagan won't stump up the cash - a mere £100K which is chickenfeed for him how long before people are wishing DW had held onto the club?

I am certain DW would have no trouble in finding that amount of money for a player.

Regardless of who pulled the plug on the deal and all for £100K I would expect Noble to be pretty fed up if that is the case.

If it is our new owner then that is a concern because to be honest I see no point in having a wealthy owner who is not prepared to stump up the cash when needed.

As DW did for Fielden last season.

Dave

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If the above is the case then IMHO we are a club going nowhere and would be still better off with DW.It must have been the same for HKR and if is the case then they are the club going forwards especilly with all the signings they have made
Time will tell.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Its coming up to renewal of season tickets time people i have been talking to say that no new big signings NO SEASON TICKET