Rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fujiman

Re: Rumours

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO posted:
mike binder posted:
OJ posted:
Does anyone know how the salary cap will be administered next year? Thought it was a kind of rolling programme with finances being watched on a monthly basis but don't know really how it will work.
yes the sallary cap will be live as it his in aus ,i think the rfl check them on a monthly basis and callculate what your total will be ,im sure the more educated on here will explain it in more detail
All clubs can pay up to the cap limit next season so in theory all clubs monthly wage bills will be the same (if they are paying up to the cap limit).

So it should be a relatively simple matter to see if a clubs monthly wage bill exceeds the expected monthly figure.

If a club comes in with a lower wage bill than expected for any month then the average wage bill they can have will be greater for the coming months as they will not have spent all they could on wages.

So if a club wants to pay end of season bonuses by paying less during the season they will be able to if they do this.

This interesting question arises if a club has a very low monthly wage bill throughout the season and then at the very end pay out a huge amount that takes them over the cap. The season will be over so the RFL won't have been able to impose any penalties during the season - which is the whole point of running the cap "live".

I'd also like to know what the RFL propose to do if a club is in breach of the live cap during a season. If they exceed payments one months what happens if they come well under the next month so averaging the right amount over the two months? Will they get any points deduction back or will the club be told paying out less money in a subsequent month is "not in the spirit of the game"?

Dave

DaveO does the % of turnover figure not apply then next season?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
mike binder posted:
OJ posted:
Does anyone know how the salary cap will be administered next year? Thought it was a kind of rolling programme with finances being watched on a monthly basis but don't know really how it will work.
yes the sallary cap will be live as it his in aus ,i think the rfl check them on a monthly basis and callculate what your total will be ,im sure the more educated on here will explain it in more detail
All clubs can pay up to the cap limit next season so in theory all clubs monthly wage bills will be the same (if they are paying up to the cap limit).

So it should be a relatively simple matter to see if a clubs monthly wage bill exceeds the expected monthly figure.

If a club comes in with a lower wage bill than expected for any month then the average wage bill they can have will be greater for the coming months as they will not have spent all they could on wages.

So if a club wants to pay end of season bonuses by paying less during the season they will be able to if they do this.

This interesting question arises if a club has a very low monthly wage bill throughout the season and then at the very end pay out a huge amount that takes them over the cap. The season will be over so the RFL won't have been able to impose any penalties during the season - which is the whole point of running the cap "live".

I'd also like to know what the RFL propose to do if a club is in breach of the live cap during a season. If they exceed payments one months what happens if they come well under the next month so averaging the right amount over the two months? Will they get any points deduction back or will the club be told paying out less money in a subsequent month is "not in the spirit of the game"?

Dave
good point dave o

good point dave
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fujiman posted:
No it does not apply.

So all clubs will be able to spend up to next years cap limit which will be £1.65m I believe.

This is why HKR have been signing players like they have. They have a bigger budget than this season because the 50% limit goes.

I think this is a very dangerous move by the RFL because London went bust with the 50% limit in place and I think several clubs would not quality to spend to the full cap next season were the 50% limit still being applied. Wakey, Hudds, possibly HKR and Widnes or Cas (depending which of those comes up) spring to mind.

Dave

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO posted:
Fujiman posted:
No it does not apply.

So all clubs will be able to spend up to next years cap limit which will be £1.65m I believe.

This is why HKR have been signing players like they have. They have a bigger budget than this season because the 50% limit goes.

I think this is a very dangerous move by the RFL because London went bust with the 50% limit in place and I think several clubs would not quality to spend to the full cap next season were the 50% limit still being applied. Wakey, Hudds, possibly HKR and Widnes or Cas (depending which of those comes up) spring to mind.

Dave
It does go some way to explain the recent "glut" of transfer activity by some of the "smaller" clubs.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO posted:
Fujiman posted:
No it does not apply.

Dave
Are you sure DaveO. Have just read this article and they seem to think it does :conf:
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/rugby-le ... 3204703.jp
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

OAM posted:
1. Nobby out because he is crap

2. 12 points ( wait and see)

3. Lockyear as stated in Aus he wud like to play over here

4.May be wrong about Barret , but have been told he may go ( i hope he does not)
1. Didnt he do well!!!! Not bad this season, considering we were docked 4 points, still gets us into play off's and we beat Stains in the last league match of the season. Rubbish, isnt he. :conf: :conf: :conf:
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

OAM posted:
1. Nobby Out

2. We to be deducted 12 points for next season

3. Lockyear to come to us

4. Barret to go home

Take ur pick of the above
nobby out - no way

12 points - impossible we've been told that we wont be deducted any next year. And isnt it the new way of doing it next year? were the statisitcs are shown each month?

Lockyer - why would he?

Barrett - Why would he again?
To be the best
you have to beat the best
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

this team is beginning to work well and wigan need to try and keep the players together not break the team up. we all know some players are leaving at the end of the season but we dont need a mass clearout. hull kr next season will find out you cant just throw a load of players together and expect them to play as a team straight away.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fujiman posted:
DaveO posted:
Fujiman posted:
No it does not apply.

Dave
Are you sure DaveO. Have just read this article and they seem to think it does :conf:
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/rugby-le ... 3204703.jp
Yes I am sure. It was mentioned when the move to a live cap was announced. That link doesn't mention the 50% limit anyway unless I missed it. It mentions turnover being sufficient to fund the squad but that could easily mean he is just saying they can afford it.

He basically says they had a low cap budget this year but will have a bigger one next year.

Interestingly the current salary cap rules for 2007 do allow a club to spend more than 50% of turnover - if they get permission first but I am sure the 50% limit goes next season.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
Fujiman posted:
No it does not apply.

Dave
i think the only thing that should of stayed on the sallary cap was the 50% icome ,now they have got rid of that i can see some clubs having serious finacual problems .I think the 50% cap was the only good thing aboput the cap
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME