Rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Banksy

Re: Rumours

Post by Banksy »

Are you of your head, 12 point deduction HOW we are offloading DV and Fletcher two players with two big pay packets and who have we got coming in so for Coley. “Noble crap”, get a grip we owe this guy alot, we would be playing in NL1 if it wasn't for him and he tries his hardest through point deductions and the players playing awful.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Does anyone know how the salary cap will be administered next year? Thought it was a kind of rolling programme with finances being watched on a monthly basis but don't know really how it will work.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

OAM posted:
1. Nobby Out

2. We to be deducted 12 points for next season

3. Lockyear to come to us

4. Barret to go home

Take ur pick of the above
Rumour has it that this thread is Horsesh*t hang on its not a rumour.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Crazy rumours,

Nobbys going nowhere ,baz is staying and will be made mayor of Wigan, Higham will stay ( i hope )

No deductions

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

OJ posted:
Does anyone know how the salary cap will be administered next year? Thought it was a kind of rolling programme with finances being watched on a monthly basis but don't know really how it will work.
yes the sallary cap will be live as it his in aus ,i think the rfl check them on a monthly basis and callculate what your total will be ,im sure the more educated on here will explain it in more detail
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
sma1ex

Post by sma1ex »

I wonder if any rumours will start after Newton being at the game yesterday on the gantry next to the cameras instead of being at the Bradford game??[/quote]
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

sma1ex posted:
I wonder if any rumours will start after Newton being at the game yesterday on the gantry next to the cameras instead of being at the Bradford game??
[/quote]
It says on the official Bulls' Website that he started for them! Perhaps he has a double (or you need to visit the opticians). :doz:

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/bb_histo ... tureid=461
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
sma1ex

Post by sma1ex »

I know I feel like a right plantpot, watched the superleague show and saw him running around. Dont know if anybody saw the screen before the game of a shot of the gantry it looked the spitting image of him. MAny people around me said the same thing. Can anybdy clear this up about who this person was lol
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

sma1ex posted:
I know I feel like a right plantpot, watched the superleague show and saw him running around. Dont know if anybody saw the screen before the game of a shot of the gantry it looked the spitting image of him. MAny people around me said the same thing. Can anybdy clear this up about who this person was lol
Sorry, didn't see the person in question. I only stick to the fact that Newton played for the Bulls at the same time as our match - hence it could not have been Terry Newton.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mike binder posted:
OJ posted:
yes the sallary cap will be live as it his in aus ,i think the rfl check them on a monthly basis and callculate what your total will be ,im sure the more educated on here will explain it in more detail
All clubs can pay up to the cap limit next season so in theory all clubs monthly wage bills will be the same (if they are paying up to the cap limit).

So it should be a relatively simple matter to see if a clubs monthly wage bill exceeds the expected monthly figure.

If a club comes in with a lower wage bill than expected for any month then the average wage bill they can have will be greater for the coming months as they will not have spent all they could on wages.

So if a club wants to pay end of season bonuses by paying less during the season they will be able to if they do this.

This interesting question arises if a club has a very low monthly wage bill throughout the season and then at the very end pay out a huge amount that takes them over the cap. The season will be over so the RFL won't have been able to impose any penalties during the season - which is the whole point of running the cap "live".

I'd also like to know what the RFL propose to do if a club is in breach of the live cap during a season. If they exceed payments one months what happens if they come well under the next month so averaging the right amount over the two months? Will they get any points deduction back or will the club be told paying out less money in a subsequent month is "not in the spirit of the game"?

Dave