players going

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

players going

Post by FROM A TO B »

Fletch
DV
Millard

With only Coley signed so far, I expect a big centre and another foward.
DV reportedly on big wages and i imagine Fletch earning a few quid
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
WxmWarrior

Re: players going

Post by WxmWarrior »

Where's this coming from me old fruit?

...gleaned from last night perchance? :wink:
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Had txt this morning from someone who went :eusa16:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

FROM A TO B posted:
Fletch
DV
Millard

I would expect another 3 at least we have lost the 3 above plus Ashton and Withers then you have the 2 players missing from the squad this year thats seven places ,young lads to take a couple of places Coley another so hopfully a few new faces .
fullback (Richards?)center(Goulding), utility back(Colbon?) ,hooker(Mcilorum?) prop at least one(Prescott/Ocarrol) we have to decide who we promote and who to bring in.
From the squad that beet Saints we are losing the above 3 maybe the likes of Colbon can take a squad number alows us to bring in a top center and prop maybe a full back as well.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

lucky 13 posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
Fletch
DV
Millard

I would expect another 3 at least we have lost the 3 above plus Ashton and Withers then you have the 2 players missing from the squad this year thats seven places ,young lads to take a couple of places Coley another so hopfully a few new faces .
fullback (Richards?)center(Goulding), utility back(Colbon?) ,hooker(Mcilorum?) prop at least one(Prescott/Ocarrol) we have to decide who we promote and who to bring in.
From the squad that beet Saints we are losing the above 3 maybe the likes of Colbon can take a squad number alows us to bring in a top center and prop maybe a full back as well.
Richards is getting better at FB with each game. Colbon is a decent player but a winger is only as good as the centres. So maybe he should have the winger berth if we cant get a better FB than Richards.

Richards is a better FB than Briscoe.
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

We've been discussing these three key positions now for weeks..... but, aside from Walker (who decided to go to HKR?) does anyone actually know who we are looking at at the moment?

I agree, I think Mcilorum has shown enought to be support to Higham, and both Goulding and Colbon have stood up for me, but I still feel they need developing so would still be in the market for a recognised centre although I think we have enough utility players.

In terms of a prop, I'd like to see a Carvell, Griffin, Lynch type prop but I've got no clue as to what centres / fullback are even on the market either here or overseas?

Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

What about the young lad Nobby signed from Bulls.
Mark Flanagan. He's supposed to be a stand-off and goal kicker and is listed in the First team squad. But no mention of him coming into the side?
Is he in line for next season?
WIGAN TILL I DIE
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

wasn't he injured early doors - was hailed as the second coming, perhaps a succesor / understoody to barret but heard nothing about him in reserves write ups etc?

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

id happily keep richards at FB.

what i think we need is, a big winger, im sorry but there are better than calderwood out there, he doesn't do enough for me. it's the same move everytime, a jink inside and that's it, 40 metres sideways. colbon isnt anything special but he isnt slow and he gets the hard grafting done up the middle to.

a centre, that's a must have.

a prop. prec and ocarrol have proven they can both rough it out, i prefer prescot personally, his defense is fantastic and his go forward is getting better. just add a bit more size in the off season.

if we are to put PR back on the wing, then lets have a full back please.

so, new winger/fullback (depending on were Pat Richards stays and plays every week I.E. FB or wing)
prop
centre

promote mcllorum.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
x Mrs Warrior x

Post by x Mrs Warrior x »

I think that Richards should go back on the wing and bring in another full back. Maybe michael Dobson could be an option?? Im sure he played there a few times last season.

With Pat richards on the wing it gives an extra attacking option. It opens up the option of kicking a high ball out onto the wing for richards to score in the corner. This move had a high success rate before Richards was moved to fullback.