RL coverage on Sky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
BriH

RL coverage on Sky

Post by BriH »

I am the only one who thinks Sky's coverage of Super League is awful? Because I cannot travel to the JJB, I am forced to watch Sky. Friday's game against Saints was fantastic but The Dynamic Duo still prattle on, during the game, about things outside the live game! It is so annoying that sometimes I actually turn off the sound until they shut up! Or, I turn the volume up so loud that the noise of the crowd drowns them out - I wish!
If ever a pair were past sell-by-date it's those two. Making a very easy living by being dreadful commentators. Before Sky left the NRL coverage it was a joy to listen to guys who actually covered the match.
Fujiman

Re: RL coverage on Sky

Post by Fujiman »

BriH posted:
I am the only one who thinks Sky's coverage of Super League is awful? Because I cannot travel to the JJB, I am forced to watch Sky. Friday's game against Saints was fantastic but The Dynamic Duo still prattle on, during the game, about things outside the live game! It is so annoying that sometimes I actually turn off the sound until they shut up! Or, I turn the volume up so loud that the noise of the crowd drowns them out - I wish!
If ever a pair were past sell-by-date it's those two. Making a very easy living by being dreadful commentators. Before Sky left the NRL coverage it was a joy to listen to guys who actually covered the match.
Once you could choose to just have the crowd noise and not have the commentary when i first got sky. Don't know if you can still do it
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

you should listen 2 the two guys who cover french rugby league they never shut up all the game
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
turf

Post by turf »

Eddie is ok, it's the other one that I cannot stand -Stevo.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Doesn't sky's contract run out soon? Who knows, maybe Setanta will come in - would be nice considering sky's current stains bias
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

been very impressed with setantas coverage of the NRL so wouldn't be bothered if sky don't get it, plus a bidding war over the rights may mean the clubs getting more money from the TV deal.
GEER EM ONSIDE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
Doesn't sky's contract run out soon? Who knows, maybe Setanta will come in - would be nice considering sky's current stains bias
From a Sporting Life article I posted in the FAQ forum:

The current deal with Sky runs out at the end of 2008 but tender documents will go out shortly to prospective bidders, with Setanta expected to show an interest having already secured the rights to Australian matches.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thanks Geoff - you're a one man encyclopedia!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Don't be surprised if Setanta win and simply employ those 2 plonkers. Watch boxing or golf on Setanta and it's all ex-Sky presenters.
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

BriH posted:
Come on now you must go easy on the "Screaming Skul" and Grecian 2000 Eddie haircut.They can be poor at times but compared to the BBC SKY IS THE BEST
:D :D :D :D :D