NO, NO, NO! Sweet Lord NO!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: NO, NO, NO! Sweet Lord...

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
I don't see the problem with signing Ward, as long as it's on a sensible contract. He is more than capable. We could sign sign a world class prop instead, pay him the earth and be disapointed for 4 years.
Then again we could pay a world class prop a wage his skills command and clean up on trophies for four years.

Justifying signing Ward because a world class signing might not work out is a bit strange if you ask me!

Ward might turn out rubbish as well. Just because he has done well in the past(?) in SL doesn't mean he would go well for us. Any new signing falls into that category.

Given we need another experienced prop I'd take a world class one over Ward any day of the week.

If we carry on with the average signings we will be joining the ranks of the clubs who do not spend to the cap limit.

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i've had a think about this one, and i'll say one thing, well 2 words.

richard moore.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
mario

Post by mario »

DaveO posted:
mario posted:
I don't see the problem with signing Ward, as long as it's on a sensible contract. He is more than capable. We could sign sign a world class prop instead, pay him the earth and be disapointed for 4 years.
Then again we could pay a world class prop a wage his skills command and clean up on trophies for four years.

Justifying signing Ward because a world class signing might not work out is a bit strange if you ask me!

Ward might turn out rubbish as well. Just because he has done well in the past(?) in SL doesn't mean he would go well for us. Any new signing falls into that category.

Given we need another experienced prop I'd take a world class one over Ward any day of the week.

If we carry on with the average signings we will be joining the ranks of the clubs who do not spend to the cap limit.

Dave
A world class prop like Fielden you mean?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:
DaveO posted:
mario posted:

Dave
A world class prop like Fielden you mean?
Class is permanent, form is temporary.

Dave
mario

Post by mario »

If we pay a world class prop who is temporary out of form, the wage he commands, then it is a waste of money.There are very few world class props or players in any position were you are going to guarantee value for money.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

- psycho - posted:
ian.birchall posted:
mrs feka posted:
Dirty player, penalty machine. Don't want him, he' cr@p
and more basically he is a drunk, thats why he was dumped by Leeds and if KR are getting rid he is still one presumably.
as were half of our team before noble took over.
any proof that our team were drunks?
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
- psycho - posted:
ian.birchall posted: and more basically he is a drunk, thats why he was dumped by Leeds and if KR are getting rid he is still one presumably.
as were half of our team before noble took over.
yeah, you just had to walk into a bar in wigan and i can guarantee they were knockin pints back like pop.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

- psycho - posted:
- psycho - posted: as were half of our team before noble took over.
yeah, you just had to walk into a bar in wigan and i can guarantee they were knockin pints back like pop.
That's been the case for as long as I've been watching them (which is quite a while!).

The likes of Barton, Sayer, McTigue, could sink them better than most, and more recently 80% of the 1990's team liked the odd shandy or two (admirably led by Andy Greg!)
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

- psycho - posted:

well then the same can be said for any players of any sport, it obviously hasn't affected any of their games.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well then the same can be said for any players of any sport, it obviously hasn't affected any of their games.
oh yeah? ask Tickle I've removed the rest of this given it relates to a current player and alleged behaviour that may or may not have been true. Given the recent problems with Facebook or MySpace or whatever it was and people pretending to be players, I thought it better to be safe and avoid any potential problems - Fraggle

millward in charge = team out of control.

nobby broguht discipline.