Fitzpatricks A Target

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wigan rugby

Fitzpatricks A Target

Post by wigan rugby »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ed_salford

Reds' football director Steve Simms has revealed that "good offers" have been made to both Mal Alker and Wigan target Karl Fitzpatrick to keep them at The Willows. He said: "We're hoping both will stay. We're possibly more hopeful for Mal than Karl."

"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

stacey c

Re: Fitzpatricks A Target

Post by stacey c »

wigan rugby posted:

Reds' football director Steve Simms has revealed that "good offers" have been made to both Mal Alker and Wigan target Karl Fitzpatrick to keep them at The Willows. He said: "We're hoping both will stay. We're possibly more hopeful for Mal than Karl."

The difference being Fitzy has been offered a contract from wigan based on the amount of appearances he makes - with his injury record he may be persuaded to take the salford set contract
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

stacey c posted:
wigan rugby posted:

The difference being Fitzy has been offered a contract from wigan based on the amount of appearances he makes - with his injury record he may be persuaded to take the salford set contract
Besides which, it was written by Neil Barker. If he said it was September - I would get a calendar out to check :sly:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Fitzpatrick is a target according to his agent. If Wigan were genuinely after him, I feel certain they'd have signed him by now.
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

He has defo been offered the contract from Wigan - just not the one he and his agent are after :angry:
Watch this space after further planned talks
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

fitzpatrick has turned down and offer from wigan and is set to stay at salford.....in the wigan observer tonight!!!!
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

standishwarrior posted:
fitzpatrick has turned down and offer from wigan and is set to stay at salford.....in the wigan observer tonight!!!!
just read it what i cant understand is why does he want to play for a NL1 club when he can play for a super league club :conf:
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

stacey c

Post by stacey c »

wigan rugby posted:
standishwarrior posted:
just read it what i cant understand is why does he want to play for a NL1 club when he can play for a super league club :conf:
cos if you were offered a guaranteed wage against a pay as you play wage (taking in his injury record) its the safe bet.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

stacey c posted:
wigan rugby posted:
standishwarrior posted:
cos if you were offered a guaranteed wage against a pay as you play wage (taking in his injury record) its the safe bet.
Yes its a job after all which most people forget when discussing players motives for who they play for.

That said I can't imagine his wage at Salford in NL1 will be that high so surely Wigan could have got him on an equivalent contract that might even have meant he was not a 20/25 player?

I think it is unreasonable for Wigan and somewhat cheap to be offering a pay as you play deal. It's as if they want the player on the cheap and any player worried about being injured in case his pay drops is not going to go in full-tilt is he! It is a stupid idea so they should have decided if he is worth a contract or not have bothered.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
stacey c posted:
wigan rugby posted: just read it what i cant understand is why does he want to play for a NL1 club when he can play for a super league club :conf:
Yes its a job after all which most people forget when discussing players motives for who they play for.

That said I can't imagine his wage at Salford in NL1 will be that high so surely Wigan could have got him on an equivalent contract that might even have meant he was not a 20/25 player?

I think it is unreasonable for Wigan and somewhat cheap to be offering a pay as you play deal. It's as if they want the player on the cheap and any player worried about being injured in case his pay drops is not going to go in full-tilt is he! It is a stupid idea so they should have decided if he is worth a contract or not have bothered.

Dave
I agree. Offering a lad 'pay as you play' is virtually saying "we're not sure you're right for us", in which case why have him taking up a squad space?