World cup 2008

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wanny

World cup 2008

Post by wanny »

Dont know about anyone else but i cetainly intend to go to australia for this, in fact ive already started saving. Me and 3 mates are going i was wondering if anyone else is thinking of going to watch the greatest sporting event in the world "the rugby league world cup"!
mario

Re: World cup 2008

Post by mario »

i'd love a rugby league world cup in australia in 2008, but i'll believe it when i see it! and if it does happen, how much confidence do you have in the organizers making it a success?
wanny

Post by wanny »

I have great confidence that the world cup is going ahead, I cannot wait i will be going to every game i can so im buying a England, Wales, Irelandm sotland and French jerseys! maybe an all blacks one too!

southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

well after the union world cup i seriously think they must know how to organise this kind of thing better than the last world cup that was here after the £1,500,000 loss it made the aussies are so good at advertising and after all it is only second in popularity to aussie rules over there after going to the world sevens last year on my own having a great weekend with some knights supporters and bloke from widnes. The whole weekend was fantastic, well organised and cheap only $31 which worked out to about £11 for two full days of games.I will also be going to some of these world cup games as i am in the process of emigrating at the moment to go and live somewhere near brisbane so i can go see the bronco's i've had enough rain and cold :D