Faz

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
loyal

Faz

Post by loyal »

Heard that Farrell is set to return to Rugby League.. Linked with Castleford! :wink: .. Like to see him back at the JJB myself!.. any truth in this?
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **
shawcross da warrior

Re: Faz

Post by shawcross da warrior »

1 word NO......

i would love to see him at the jjb but would want a huge wage and im not prepared to have him back on what he was on beofre never the less if he didnt want a big wage sign him up we are missing him in the pack.......
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Unlikely that Faz will return until after his contract expires - he's on serious money (partly funded by the RFU) so if he came back to RL he would have to take a massive pay cut.

He would be better off retiring after his RU contract expires IMO. Why sully a fantastic career in RL by playing on past your sell by date for Cas? Plus he would have proved that it was a mistake to go to RU (like we all said) and Farrell never came across as a quitter.

If we brought him back to the JJB, where is going to play? I am sure that the Lockers knockers would like to see him at loose forward; but it would be more likely that he would end up playing prop for us again.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

I would love to see him come back in some sort of coaching role.

Whether now, or further down the line.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
loyal

Post by loyal »

Ye i agree "yokozuna".. maybe as a Forward's Coach or something a long the lines.
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

loyal posted:
Ye i agree "yokozuna".. maybe as a Forward's Coach or something a long the lines.
What makes you think he will be a GOOD COACH :conf: Yes he was a great player but it doesn't neccessarily mean he will be a good coach
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fujiman posted:
loyal posted:
What makes you think he will be a GOOD COACH :conf: Yes he was a great player but it doesn't neccessarily mean he will be a good coach
Great leadership skills? Commitment? Good eye for a gap, knowledge of where play is going? Great attitude? Respect from other players?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

gpartin posted:
Fujiman posted:
loyal posted:
Great leadership skills? Commitment? Good eye for a gap, knowledge of where play is going? Great attitude? Respect from other players?
Those could be applied to a lot of other players as well but it still won't make them a good coach which was my point
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
If we brought him back to the JJB, where is going to play? I am sure that the Lockers knockers would like to see him at loose forward; but it would be more likely that he would end up playing prop for us again.
You answered your own question and given it is an area of weakness in the side would you rather have Faz back there or Ward?

Mind you regardless of Farrell we could do with a loose forward at 13 because Lockers isn't one by a long way. He plays as a second row and tackles himself into the ground but he is not a loose forward.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fujiman posted:
gpartin posted:
Fujiman posted: What makes you think he will be a GOOD COACH :conf: Yes he was a great player but it doesn't neccessarily mean he will be a good coach
Those could be applied to a lot of other players as well but it still won't make them a good coach which was my point
:roll:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."