Lenighan first Deal for Us

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Poster

Lenighan first Deal for Us

Post by Poster »

Harlequins have confirmed the signing of Danny Ward this has got to go down as Lenighan's first deal on our behalf. Thank god he is going there.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Lenighan first Deal for Us

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fine. But who the hell is coming here? I fear the worst. It's OK saying Ward isn't good enough for us but he is better than Prescott and O'Carroll at this stage. When are we going to break our silence? :angry:
pedro

Re: Lenighan first Deal fo...

Post by pedro »

I think Prescott is really coming on. At the beginning of the season he was getting slated by me and I rated O'Carrol higher than him. He has proved me wrong and with the addition of Coley who is a prop not a second rower we would be better signing a class FB and centre
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Heard a rumour although i dont like printing them as the club is in limbo and is oficially still under Whelan and co .Leneghan is signing players through Harlequins and transferrring them back to Wigan Faafaelli and Ward were mentioned.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Can't see the RFL letting that happen - with Lenagan in charge of two teams they would (quite rightly) claim a conflict of interest.

The RFL don't need much invitation to have a go at us - the last thing we need is rumours of shady underhand dealings at the expense of one of their pet teams
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
jaws1 posted:
Heard a rumour although i dont like printing them as the club is in limbo and is oficially still under Whelan and co .Leneghan is signing players through Harlequins and transferrring them back to Wigan Faafaelli and Ward were mentioned.
Bit of an half arsed way of doing it for such mediocre players, could understand if it was for a big name from someone like saints, but sure its not worth the hassle for the names you mention

I agree like i say it was something i heard last night and should be taken lightly although there is some sense in it as nothing is coming from the Wigan club.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Matthew posted:
Can't see the RFL letting that happen - with Lenagan in charge of two teams they would (quite rightly) claim a conflict of interest.

The RFL don't need much invitation to have a go at us - the last thing we need is rumours of shady underhand dealings at the expense of one of their pet teams
He is already in conflict of interest because he owns 2 clubs which the RL are aware of and have sanctioned this.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fine. But who the hell is coming here? I fear the worst. It's OK saying Ward isn't good enough for us but he is better than Prescott and O'Carroll at this stage. When are we going to break our silence? :angry:
How about this idea. We have completed our recruitment for 2008 already with the addition of Coley.

Noble will be making statements like this within the next few weeks:

"Pat Richards has proved himself at full back so we have no need to look elsewhere".

"Prescott and O'Carroll have done enough not to lose their places to new prop signed by the club, so we don't need one."

"Goulding has done enough to take DV's place and Bailey will remain in the centres with Coley taking Brian Fletchers place".

"The rest of the first team squad will be made up of promotions from our U21's side"

It would not surprise me at all if the above happened.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

:angry: :conf: :angry:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

There is a bit of a difference between owning two clubs and running one at the expense of the other. Remember all of that "spirit of the cap" rubbish they used against us?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds