barrett i hope this isn't true

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southern warrrior

barrett i hope this isn't true

Post by southern warrrior »

pedro

Re: barrett i hope this isn't ...

Post by pedro »

would be ok if we replaced him with Lockyer
Susi

Post by Susi »

no tasty trent has to stay here. he's been our best player this season, and should see out his contract.
Banksy

Re: barrett i hope this is...

Post by Banksy »

I've heard he's loving it in the UK and he thinks moving to Wigan was the best decision he’s ever made.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Banksy posted:
I've heard he's loving it in the UK and he thinks moving to Wigan was the best decision he’s ever made.
The trouble is, what he actually says media wise and what he actually thinks/wants are two completely different things.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

southern warrrior posted:
you better read this :conf: http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/pa ... 57619.html
Had heard this a while ago.....

http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... tID=366636
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He is still contracted to us - and so if he were to sign for another team we would expect serious financial compensation as he has been the best player in SL this year by some margin.

The article sounds like media speculation to pad out a quiet week. The panthers have denied it saying that they can't fit him under their cap and with the current exchange rate they would have to pay him big money. If he was going there you would imagine that they would issue the standard "no comment" rather than flatly deny it.

If he didn't like it here you would expect him to say nothing in the programme - rather than saying how happy he is here.

With the standard of the NRL being higher than SL; it stands to reason that he can be a bigger star here than in Oz. He is unlikely to play rep rugby for Aus again - so it is hard to see what the attraction is.

I would imagine that some of this is because he is probably planning to go home for a holiday prior to pre-season training.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Incidently, a similar rumour was passed around about Pat Richards after his first season with us
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

listening to phil bailey on radio lancashire(full hour last night) it would seem to be very unlikely.both are loving it over here.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Matthew posted:
Incidently, a similar rumour was passed around about Pat Richards after his first season with us
Hope im right on this but it does seem that whenever a player settles here the OZ media try to unsettle them.

Maybe Ball Tickler Price was right Blackpool is better than Bondi. :D