So What Exactly Has Been Wrong With Stuart Fielden?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

So What Exactly Has Been Wrong With Stuart Fielden?

Post by turf »

I pinched this thread but so what.

Anyway what do you think has been wrong with SF?

I think the loss of his mother is still affecting him as well as his injury, as well as the flack (spelling?) that he recieves sometimes from supporters.
weststand-rich

Re: So What Exactly Has Been W...

Post by weststand-rich »

I posted something about this a while ago but it was largely ignored.

He has been carrying an injury on one of feet for most of the season. He has a heel spur (boney growth) and the fascia(sp) muscle on the big toe of the same foot. Apparently the swelling on his toe was so bad he couldn't train properly in the week and only got through matches on pain killing injections. I got the impression the injuries weren't major but required minor surgery and some rest. He's playing much better now, so perhaps the torn muscle has eventually healed.

If you saw the section on the recent Bradford/Leeds a couple of weeks ago (the match were Fielden was honoured at Odsal), I noticed then he was limping very slightly.

Rich
gpartin

Re: So What Exactly Has Be...

Post by gpartin »

weststand-rich posted:

He has been carrying an injury on one of feet for most of the season. He has a heel spur (boney growth) and the fascia(sp) muscle on the big toe of the same foot. Apparently the swelling on his toe was so bad he couldn't train properly in the week and only got through matches on pain killing injections. I got the impression the injuries weren't major but required minor surgery and some rest. He's playing much better now, so perhaps the torn muscle has eventually healed.

If you saw the section on the recent Bradford/Leeds a couple of weeks ago (the match were Fielden was honoured at Odsal), I noticed then he was limping very slightly.

Rich
Pretty good reasons for having a relatively poor season. Thanks for the info
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

gpartin posted:
weststand-rich posted:

Rich
Pretty good reasons for having a relatively poor season. Thanks for the info
well its good to hear he is making a good recovery
hope to see him back to his standard soon
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

With or without injury it would have been tough for Fielden this season. At Bradford he was playing in a big pack which meant he was doing less work. When Wigan sold Logan it left the Wigan pack weak with only 2 main Props and 2 young props.

With only Feka making a major impact in attack the opposition can easily target Fielden so he struggles to make the the ground against three defenders.

One criticisms I would made is that in his attempt to regain his attacking form he changed his technique but unfortunately that technique was awful, the sooner he forget that the better.
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

weststand-rich posted:

He has been carrying an injury on one of feet for most of the season. He has a heel spur (boney growth)
Ouch...i had a bone spur thingy when i was at school (many years ago :blush: ) but mine was on that sticky out bone above the arch.

Very painful, had to have weekly physio on it.

It got me out of PE for a whole year!!!!!! doctors note! the full works.
GEER EM ONSIDE
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

this was in side infomation given out at the recent riversiders meeting ,dont think nobby wanted it as comen knowledge ,how many stamps on his foot will Terrry newton give him in the scrum 2night now :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

mike binder posted:
this was in side infomation given out at the recent riversiders meeting ,dont think nobby wanted it as comen knowledge ,how many stamps on his foot will Terrry newton give him in the scrum 2night now :angry:
my mum went to physio earlier in the week and it was wigans guy. While she was there Terry Newton rang up and asked him which foot fielden was having trouble with. The physio said he wouldnt tell him but even if he did Fielden would be ok as Tez doesnt know his right from his left.

Maybe he needs an off season to get himself sorted out.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fielden has been ok this year on the whole and may be hitting form at the right time, he was nothing short of superb against Saints.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Doveoverdave posted:
Fielden has been ok this year on the whole and may be hitting form at the right time, he was nothing short of superb against Saints.
Yes but we dont want the team peaking at the wrong time like we did before when we peaked at semi's then fell at the grand final. Think that was Newtons last one with wigan too

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx