is the game still on

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

is the game still on

Post by the grinch »

i heard from the radio that terrys testimonial has been canceld because of the state of the pitch and the warriors where looking for another venue can someone confirm this or was it some fool messing around!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
GRAY

Re: is the game still on

Post by GRAY »

on the club's site it says another venue might be used - a decision is expeceted tomorrow :conf:
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

my friend has just texed me from the riversiders meeting and says that the game might not be played at the jjb because of the state of the pitch
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Gillys my hero

Post by Gillys my hero »

the grinch posted:
i heard from the radio that terrys testimonial has been canceld because of the state of the pitch and the warriors where looking for another venue can someone confirm this or was it some fool messing around!
the grinch posted:
:doz:Heard a rummer today that Terry O'conner & Mr Lindsay have had a fallout about Terrys contract payments for this year has anyone else heard any thing.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The Evening Post are reporting that the match will be played at Orrells Edge Hall Road. (read linked story for full article.)

Mike Gregory is keen to play this match somewhere, as it is our only pre-season match.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mario

Post by mario »

as the switch is going to reduce the attendance perhaps dave whelen and maurice should make up the lost revenue for terrys charity! or use the revenue from latics game against burnley as that did the damage
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

has anyone read the wigan observer this week there is a latics fan in there saying the rugby should be kicked out of the jjb because of the state of the pitch! (now i know we are not supposed to talk about them its all things rugby but surely these are mitigating cercumstances.)how can we ruin the pitch when clearly we havent played on it!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

and we play in summer when there is hardly ne rain sorry re-phrase that not as much rain as in winter
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I was reading the footy pullout from the Sun on Monday and it implied the same thing, I also thought it odd they'd damaged the pitch by not playing on it