Robbie Paul

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Robbie Paul

Post by medlocke »

JJ posted:
whats up with you all if you where at the match on Friday night you would of heard the crowd going mad every time Micky came on i personaly think he lifts the team, he played his heart and soul out.
his ball distribution is as good as Lockers play making skills CRAP
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

has it not clicked in anyones head that he can also play FULLBACK.......

could it be there that we want him for and were eyeing up a long term player who willbe available the next season........

maybe....... maybe not who knows.....
a-true-warrior

Post by a-true-warrior »

i have a felling he is on his way to catalan after the departure off stacy jones
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

ive heard leeds maybe intrested in paul and widnes intrested in ward. but dont beleive anything until its announced.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

I can understand how this could be a rumour if yu look at Nobles recruitment last season, Robbie Paul is past it, always injured and rated by nobby, so he sounds just like a potential wigan signing.

However, wikipedia states he will be signing for Dewsbury, i hope this is true, we dont need stop gaps anymore, we should be building towards the future.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

shawcross da warrior posted:
could it be there that we want him for and were eyeing up a long term player who willbe available the next season........
With rumours of a certain Aussie wanting to come to the UK the year after next, I can see us signing Robbie as a 1-year fullback, perhaps a bench spot so that he can slot in with Richards meaning Pat can have some time on the wing as well as playing fullback. Rotating the fullback is not too common, but has been done by other clubs (Leeds with Spotty Harris).

But is that Aussie one-time-fullback now-a-halfback a long term solution? He's not getting any younger, no matter how much talent he has. But then a Barrett/Lockyer combination in Wigan colours would be something special to see...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fraggle posted:
With rumours of a certain Aussie wanting to come to the UK the year after next
Can we wait for my lad - he'll be ready in about 16 years :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Fraggle posted:
With rumours of a certain Aussie wanting to come to the UK the year after next, I can see us signing Robbie as a 1-year fullback, perhaps a bench spot so that he can slot in with Richards meaning Pat can have some time on the wing as well as playing fullback. Rotating the fullback is not too common, but has been done by other clubs (Leeds with Spotty Harris).

But is that Aussie one-time-fullback now-a-halfback a long term solution? He's not getting any younger, no matter how much talent he has. But then a Barrett/Lockyer combination in Wigan colours would be something special to see...

I think that DL would be a poor buy due to his Wages,age and injurys in the past, IMO

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

no i dont think he would ste lord still an unbelievably talented player and like fraggle said would b great to see barrett and him together.....
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

no i dont think he would ste lord still an unbelievably talented player and like fraggle said would b great to see barrett and him together.....
if lockyer did come at the end of next season where would you play him shawcross?id be disappointed if he was brought in as an half back!the season he was playing for us barrett would be coming to the end of his 3rd year and depending on how long lockyer was over here for then we'd be having a new set of half backs yet again!!this has been our problem for the last 6 or 7 years!!imo we should stay well clear of him!