todays paper talk

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
the grinch

Re: todays paper talk

Post by the grinch »

but i do agree if there is a youngster at the club who can do a job for us then give him a chance. ste wild got into the dream team and another wigan acadamy lad slips through our fingers, chris ashton only left because the money wasnt there due to us paying all the oversease players. we have some quality players who are wigan born and bred they want to play for pride and the pay is a bonus.agreed if we need a fullback and we dont have a good one comming through we will have to buy one. but at least have a look at the acadamy players.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Bear

Post by Bear »

the grinch posted:
but i do agree if there is a youngster at the club who can do a job for us then give him a chance. ste wild got into the dream team and another wigan acadamy lad slips through our fingers, chris ashton only left because the money wasnt there due to us paying all the oversease players. we have some quality players who are wigan born and bred they want to play for pride and the pay is a bonus.agreed if we need a fullback and we dont have a good one comming through we will have to buy one. but at least have a look at the acadamy players.
Brilliant post :eusa2: :eusa2:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

the grinch posted:
chris ashton only left because the money wasnt there due to us paying all the oversease players. we have some quality players who are wigan born and bred they want to play for pride and the pay is a bonus.
Do you honestly think Wigan did the wrong thing in not offering a still relatively unproven player stupid money to stay?

And I haven't seen much pride in Ashton's performances this season.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the grinch posted:
but i do agree if there is a youngster at the club who can do a job for us then give him a chance. ste wild got into the dream team
So what? When he was at Wigan the club had to make a choice between him and the likes of Hock and Lockers.

At the time the club had to make that choice it made the right choice.
and another wigan acadamy lad slips through our fingers, chris ashton only left because the money wasnt there due to us paying all the oversease players.
He left for a wage the Wigan club would have been stupid to match. It had nothing to do with overseas players wages.
we have some quality players who are wigan born and bred they want to play for pride and the pay is a bonus.agreed if we need a fullback and we dont have a good one comming through we will have to buy one. but at least have a look at the acadamy players.
I expect the likes of Goulding, McIllorum, Prescott, O'Carroll and possibly Colbon to be in the first team squad again next year and maybe all on top 20/25 contracts. How many more young players are we to put in the team?

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

pie eaters posted:
Barrett being linked back with a move to Penrith after 1st season and Farrell on his way back to league with Warrington?????

What is going on????
Barrett denies mave and warington couldnt fit farrell under the cap
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

mike binder posted:
pie eaters posted:
Barrett being linked back with a move to Penrith after 1st season and Farrell on his way back to league with Warrington?????

What is going on????
Barrett denies mave and warington couldnt fit farrell under the cap
Depends how big Wire's cap is :roll:

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

Ward gone to Quins....... Phewwwwwwwwww sigh of relief everyone !!!! :lol:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

moffsta posted:
Ward gone to Quins....... Phewwwwwwwwww sigh of relief everyone !!!! :lol:
I'll wait until I actually see the quality of our signings before commenting.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
I suppose the good thing is that lenehagan is making signings!

Pitty it aint for Wigan!
It's not a pity that it's not Ward.

He's an okay forward, but surely we can do better than him?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Cruncher posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
I suppose the good thing is that lenehagan is making signings!

Pitty it aint for Wigan!
It's not a pity that it's not Ward.

He's an okay forward, but surely we can do better than him?
I think he means no signings for Wigan not actually about Ward