DOBBO

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawcross da warrior

DOBBO

Post by shawcross da warrior »

I have a feeling that he may be the new half back at catalans next seaso he hasnt been a regular in austrailia and loved it i catalans also i think he would like to come back over here........

ohh and i want to raise the point from the other thread like this bout thommie goin there wouldnt mind seeing dobbo here again but loing thommie doesnt sound to good........
a-true-warrior

Re: DOBBO

Post by a-true-warrior »

i dont think so i think he will stay until his contract is up because he signed a extension half way through the season i have a felling that robbie paul is goin to catalan
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Was Dobbo that small that he can't play centre or full back. His enthusiasm alone is worth the money.
I live in hope!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

shawcross da warrior posted:
he hasnt been a regular in austrailia and loved it i catalans
He's played 18 out of the 24 games for Canberra!
How is that not being a regular?

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/hq/nrl/stats/

Although he does admit playing in the Super League was the highlight of his career (so far).

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/hq/nrl/profiles/dobson/
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i have been told he hasnt been a regular so i was just going off there info and okay good on him glad to see him in the team and getting recognised as a good player like he is.....
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

LORENZO posted:
Was Dobbo that small that he can't play centre or full back. His enthusiasm alone is worth the money.
I live in hope!!!
Totally with you on this one, could he, or TL not back up at No 9. Micky Higham set off his career at 7 and ended up 9.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If he came back(really big if)play him at 6 Lulu at 7 and Baz at 13 but it wont happen :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

IMO Dobbo is not as good as everyone seems to think. He looked brilliant becuase he wasn't Dennis Moran. He could kick. His distrbution was good. He wasn't much of a threat making breaks.

Leuluia is potentially a good scrum half for Wigan for the future, we don't need to go looking for a replacement. He has the potential to be much more dangerous than Dobbo with the ball and his distribution is fine. His kicking isn't strong, but if he is paired with a couple of other players who have a kicking game that needn't be a big problem.

I'd say stick with Lulu and see how he improves with the rest of the team.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Mike posted:
His kicking isn't strong, but if he is paired with a couple of other players who have a kicking game that needn't be a big problem.

Hi Mike,

I'd qualify the comments about his kicking game. I'd agree his longer range terrotorial game is very average. His short kicking game is a different kettle of fish. Down that left hand channel his kicks to the corner and his grubber kicking are very effective and when Paddy Richards was on the wing, we were scoring plenty of points there.

Rich

PS When are you back over??
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Mike posted:
IMO Dobbo is not as good as everyone seems to think. He looked brilliant becuase he wasn't Dennis Moran. He could kick. His distrbution was good. He wasn't much of a threat making breaks.

Leuluia is potentially a good scrum half for Wigan for the future, we don't need to go looking for a replacement. He has the potential to be much more dangerous than Dobbo with the ball and his distribution is fine. His kicking isn't strong, but if he is paired with a couple of other players who have a kicking game that needn't be a big problem.

I tend to agree with you.

He was not the best in the world at breaking the line or distribution. But his kicking game from hand and kicking for goals were great.

Barrett has a better kicking game and Richards is not that far behind him in the goal kicking. TL is improving week in week out and i would not bring Dobson in unless 1 of the 3 players ive named leaves.