Wire press release

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Wire press release

Post by DaveO »

I posted this here as it relates to the (lack of) potential recruits for next season so its seemed the most appropriate place.

Here is a copy of a press release from Wire regarding their new players.
Warrington Wolves will have three members of their 2008 squad competing in the world’s premier Rugby League fixture this coming Sunday.

Over 85,000 supporters will be in the Telstra Stadium in Sydney plus millions more will be glued to their screens when Manly Sea Eagles take on the Melbourne Storm in the NRL Grand Final. Warrington’s newest recruits Michael Monaghan and Chris Hicks will be turning out for the Sea Eagles, while Australian international Matt King will be playing his last game in the Storm’s colours.

This weekend Matt King added to his legendary status down under by scoring two tries against Parramatta to take his side to the Grand final, and thus leaving Wolves supporters salivating at the prospect of ‘the King’ in Primrose and Blue at the Halliwell Jones stadium next year. Also, Warrington’s new half-back Michael Monaghan was awarded Man Of The Match for the Sea Eagles as they tore apart the Cowboys to win 28 – 6 and book their place in the NRL final. All this coupled with the news that five of the current first team squad have made the Great Britain squad and another new recruit Louis Anderson has made the New Zealand squad alongside his brother, Wolves’ Vinnie Anderson, means Superleague XIII is shaping up to be the Wolves’ most exciting season yet!
And we have announced....Andy Coley.

Yes I know we most likely won't announce anyone else until the play-offs are over and the new owner is in place but I think seeing the above press release explains the frustration the Wigan fans have over the squad for next season and should also tell us if we want to compete next year what we have in the team now plus the addition of a few U21's isn't going to hack it.

Dave
mike binder

Re: Wire press release

Post by mike binder »

but would you sonner us announce our signings and finished 7th ,im sure nobby dosnt want to rock the boat and upset certain players that could be shown the door wants our season as finished
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mike binder posted:
but would you sonner us announce our signings and finished 7th ,im sure nobby dosnt want to rock the boat and upset certain players that could be shown the door wants our season as finished
That is why I said "Yes I know we most likely won't announce anyone else until the play-offs are over... "

However the quality of recruit we see mentioned on the rumour mill don't really stack up very well in comparison to Wire's do they?

Dave
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

DaveO posted:

However the quality of recruit we see mentioned on the rumour mill don't really stack up very well in comparison to Wire's do they?

Dave
I wouldn't worry too much about the Wire. They've had an increasingly impressive team on paper for the past 2 seasons and with the exception of beating us twice this season have done nothing. I know they've had a bad luck of run on the injury front, but the Wire seems to be the place to go if you fancy a period of underacheivement and mediocrity.
Roar

Post by Roar »

I can see both sides of the argument here and I as much as anyone would love to hear at least something from the club other than build-up to the next match that everyone has heard before. However, if not giving away information and indecision is somehow keeping the lads working hard, then surely its a good thing?
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Wire can sign all the star players they want, but as long as they're stuck with a coach who appears to have a job for life despite never getting close to winning anything at all - in fact, getting into the play-offs seems beyond him on most occasions - then they're going nowhere.

However, I do agree with Dave. The lack of action on our signing front is hugely frustrating and may well backfire on us if, after all the waiting and wondering, we end up capturing only a paltry handful of unimpressive names.

And I'm not sure I'm a believer in this myth that, if we announce some signings before the season's over, then it might affect our progress in the play-offs. Why should it? Surely all of our players already know what they're doing next season. In any case, they're professionals - new guys coming on board and others leaving is a reality of their job.

I have high hopes of our supposed new owner, but if we end up signing no-one of consequence when rival clubs are strengthening themselves hugely, it won't be the best of starts.

I say 'if' of course. Because it won't necessarily happen that way, and he may well surprise us all.
demt82

Post by demt82 »

mike binder posted:
If its true that today we have signed Danny Ward and Robbie Paul for next year, Wigan could break a new record next season for the least season tickets ever sold.
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

FWIW Hicks was injured and didn't play and Monaghan had a good game - at hooker, where he has played virtually all season. Wolves, however, have signed him to play HB. IMO the jury's out on how he will go.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

It is frustrating with the apparent lack of news with regards to recruitment for next season.

However, we don't know whats going on behind the scenes. At the Riversiders meeting it seems pretty certain that Nobby is now calling the shots when signing players.

I'm quite happy to sit back and wait until names are on contracts ... after all Nobby seems to be doing a decent job at improving the team.

Let's just hope we have another 3 weeks to wait for news of new signings. :eusa10:
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

Danny Ward has signed for 'Quins.
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."