Super League Show petition

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Super League Show petition

Post by doc »

Mods could you please make this a sticky.

There is a sports editors blog on the BBC website saying how good the play off match was, mentioning the Super League Show. Several people have commented that the latter should be broadcast nationwide.

Could you all please support us in this?

link ishttp://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors ... _cant.html

Thanks

Doc
waterside glens

Re: Super League Show petition

Post by waterside glens »

posted to the bbc to ask for it to be shown in northern ireland
doc

Re: Super League Show peti...

Post by doc »

Thanks WG

See the Beeb replied with their usual fobbing off of "use the webcast". Surprised they didn't also play the "only of regional interest" card as well (always will be if they dont air it and give the sport the nationwide profile it needs). They should realise that not everyone has access at home to the web/Digital TV. Can't see many employers being too happy with someone chewing up all their band width watching the Super League Show.

Been a complete nightmare down here in Stfford as all the pubs are showing that tarts game from France rather than the playoffs on Sky.

Doc
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Iv just posted my comments on the BBC website as clare stock from the beeb has put up a cras, insulting & untrue reply ie you can view RL show on the web from anywhere in the uk

Yes this is true BUT only if you have internet access at home & not every household does.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Welski

Post by Welski »

The Beeb have missed a massive opportunity in not somehow getting rights to show the play offs. Particularly this year as they would be tapping into the general 'rugby' interest generated by the WC; incidentally exclusive to ITV.

Many of my mates have interest in both codes but not many have SKY. If the sport is ever going to get the recognition it deserves the terrestrial channels need to get involved in more than just the CC. They would soon realise its not just guys that own whippets and are a bit tight with their cash that are fans.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Trying to look at it from the BBCs point of view... what do they put on instead of the SL show in the non-SL loving regions? I suspect it is a countryside / gardening programme?

What proportion of these regions are SL followers? I suspect it will be very low.

What proportion of these regions are interested in the type of programme that is on instead of the SL show? I suspect the greater amount.

I would expect the BBC will have done their research or they wouldn't have the SLS showing in the NW, Yorks and NE and Cumbria.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

robjoenz posted:
Trying to look at it from the BBCs point of view... what do they put on instead of the SL show in the non-SL loving regions? I suspect it is a countryside / gardening programme?

What proportion of these regions are SL followers? I suspect it will be very low.

What proportion of these regions are interested in the type of programme that is on instead of the SL show? I suspect the greater amount.

I would expect the BBC will have done their research or they wouldn't have the SLS showing in the NW, Yorks and NE and Cumbria.
Actually, its usually a sitcom repeat.

If your arguement is going to be interest in the sport - why do they show three day eventing or swimming or other stuff that they deign to be of nationwide interest? They got rights to a genuinly popular team sport, and yet they fail to put it on any of their flagship sports programmes.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Mike posted:

If your arguement is going to be interest in the sport - why do they show three day eventing or swimming or other stuff that they deign to be of nationwide interest? They got rights to a genuinly popular team sport, and yet they fail to put it on any of their flagship sports programmes.
Well according to the BBC website and the skyguide it's on BBC2 Scotland, Wales and NI on Sunday at midday!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

robjoenz posted:
Mike posted:

Well according to the BBC website and the skyguide it's on BBC2 Scotland, Wales and NI on Sunday at midday!
Is it Feck on Bloody BBC Scotland and i should know as its driving me nuts trying to watch the greatest team on gods earth on the BBC & if you dont believe me i will pay your fare to come up and see for yourself

And the BBC's answer is its on the website but nnot everyone has internet access so this is a cras and stupid remark from one of the BBC's own staff on there web site.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

trotski_tgwu posted:
Is it Feck on Bloody BBC Scotland and i should know as its driving me nuts trying to watch the greatest team on gods earth on the BBC & if you dont believe me i will pay your fare to come up and see for yourself
I'll give it a miss, thanks anyway.

Does it usually appear on the regional TV listings for Scotland if it's not on?